View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 25, 2015, 11:25 AM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Bobg, are these renderings and links part of the plans you viewed? I must admit I'm ignorant on the Westminster Station plan. Combining that ignorance with the Denver Post's rendering and statement that "40 acres of park and open space next to what will be the city's first commuter rail stop" didn't strike me as being in the same league as Englewood, Arapahoe Square, Broadway, DUS, Mineral or similar stations.

If the link I posted in this comment is indeed part of the Westminster Station plans, then some of my hesitation will be diminished.

Note: This link in particular provides an aerial view of the plan at the end. Here's the tl;dr screenshot:

Provides a substantially different context than this image:

That looks really nice.. and look how there are direct walking routes from most possible entrance points in the space from the future development to the northeast. There is very little likelihood that the city will be forced to post a sign lamenting the tragic death of innocent blades of grass due to the batman villian-like herbicidal evil of pedestrians daring to efficiently travel from point A to point B like they've been forced to do (with bodies racked with sobs for the poor plant victims I'm sure) at Riverfront park.