View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2018, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Does anyone ever wonder whether, eventually, non-student professionals looking for housing might begin displacing UT/ACC students in West Campus? I know this is true already to a minor extent. There are many 25+ working adults further away from UT Campus in living in West Campus. Anecdotally, I was even roommate-matched (student apartments offer roommate matching) with a 39-year old paramedic who had already been living there for two years.

I'm fairly certain this would start to occur in the portion of West Campus closer to North Lamar, but I can't help but to wonder if some these current student buildings will eventually pivot from students to young professionals in their target demographic if market forces begin blowing that way.
Aside from the more general concerns about noise or party vibes typically associated with off-campus living, aren't a lot of these student apartments set up in a way that might discourage working professionals from moving in?

My impression is that a lot of them are multiple room apartments that are leased by the room, so each room has its own lock and renters have limited input on who leases the others?