View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 5:00 AM

Theres some mistake because I remember that building when I used to go shopping with my grandmother to Bullocks Wilshire (which had a black doorman valet in a velvet coat and top hat) and that was in the 80's 84-88 in there sometime. I loved that building also MacArthur park had two lakes one on each side and next to I Magnin there was another dept store Im pretty sure. I thought it was Saks. But there were a lot of those buildings down Wilshire back then that got torn down but only one with those statues in the ovals and that stuck out for me. It was Wedgwood colored either blue and white or green and white. There was another Huge one like it down western that was unbelievably ornate and spanish rococo I think it was an earthy red color.There were also grand mansions in the Wilshire center area that were torn down including a humongous french Le Petit Trianon Styled on the corner of Lafayette I think and the kids wrote graffiti all over it begging the city to save it. Just like that old Motel Hell on hollywood blvd with the lions out front that the punks used to crash in. They tore that one down in the night.