View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 1:55 PM

^ The existence of a large racial underclass in America is not really a problem for cities to solve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Mark Zuckerberg is 34 years old. That means he created Facebook about 15 years ago and that wasn't actually the first "social media" phenomenon. MySpace is also 15, created in 2003. I guess that means today's 25 year old was in primary school, age 10, when they started. I've been observing my nephews--at that age they were more into playing games of their phones and iPads than using social media so I'd say today's 25 year olds have had it available about as long as it has mattered.
But today’s 25 year olds are the tail end of the “millennials”, or at least toward the end. The millennial generation started from 1982. I’m Zuckerberg’s age, joined Facebook when you still needed a .edu email address, and of course was in college at the time. Yes MySpace was around but few people actually used it.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov