View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2016, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post
I had read about that; it's crazy.

Homeowners want to recall Castle Rock Mayor, other town leaders over development concerns
March 29, 2016 by Jennifer Kovaleski - 7News Denver
Quote:
Castle Rock Citizens' for Responsible Development wants the town to put the brakes on new construction. It points to bumper to bumper traffic along I-25 as proof the town is growing too fast.

"These three annexations that they're trying to push through by November is extremely aggressive, our infrastructure can't handle that," said Pratt.

Pratt said the group tried to get the town council to adopt an initiative petition that would have required any annexation of more than five acres to go to a vote of the people.

"They've basically just ignored us," he said.
The mayor answers back but this was the priceless part.
Quote:
"I'm in full support of the process if that's the direction that they'd like to go," said Castle Rock Mayor Paul Donahue.

"I do regret spending 50 to 60-thousand dollars of the taxpayers money in order to decide if I'm gonna spend my last two months in office or not," he said.
The guys leaving office in November but they want to recall him? Totally nuts. 7News also published a letter from Councilwoman Renee Valentine that's a fun read.