View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Does it really, though? You've already reserved the immediate vicinity (the best place to grow) of the station with a park. I don't see it as an interim use, either, otherwise they wouldn't have invested in all of those bridges. The surrounding area, which is the next best area to grow will just get moderate barely Stapleton level density. That's definitely not a catalyst for high ridership. Then out beyond that, you have suburban low density tract housing. This is the kind of development pattern that will take at a minimum decades to rezone and redevelop into higher density residential. In the meantime, these people will complain that the station's brought unfathomable traffic to their quiet, suddenly charming neighborhood.
All I meant was that from a ridership of 800 they had no where to go but up.
(Timeout to listen to Michelle Obama who I'd rather vote for than Hillary but that's off topic)

At one time I knew my way around Westminster fairly well but tbh it's now distant enough that it's become fuzzy and I have no recall of this specific area. That said, from what I quoted above the existing station area is a 21-acre site and to re-quote: "As part of the RTD’s FasTracks project, the station and transit plaza will be a central hub within the surrounding 135-acre transit-oriented development area."

With respect to "suburban low density tract housing," welcome to FasTracks. Other than the higher density (at the time) that surrounds Nine Mile Station that's what you get pretty much everywhere unless it's undeveloped.

If you're asking if this segment should have been built in the 1st place that's a fair question. I have a post in mind to hopefully answer that and FasTracks in general but it will be by necessity speculative and I want to make it more than just rambling wishful thinking. I'm not there yet.