View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 3, 2007, 6:35 AM
I am a typical

Uh kay.... The flying J truck stop announce their third site plan since 2004, it will require trucks to pull off the highway, onto Oliver road, then on to Burwood road, then into the station, and they would exit the same way. People are opposed to it because this thing is literally being built in a residential area. I want to see a flying J built (this city needs one, with the one on Dawson Road shut down, trucks are now going into the city and sitting at tim hortonses and walmart) but not there. It should be located at the corner of the Thunder Bay expressway and the Shabaqua Highway.

Speaking of which, the Shabaqua Highway just finished it's first layer of paving. One more to go, then they paint the lines and open it up. I just got the new 2007 edition of Maparts Thunder Bay map, and it's included on there. It'll be open by the end of September.

Nipigon's multiply mill will not be rebuilt. The group that is fighting for it is looking for a company that will want to rebuilt, but it's unlikely they'll find one.

The new Marina Park Drive opens in about a week or so, they just finished paving and just have to add grass and touch up the sidewalks. The bandshell will be replaced in time for the Canada Day celebration and the Summer in the Parks series.

4/june

Demolition has begun on the south wind of McIntyre Mall, it will be replaced by an expanded Shoppers Drug Mart.

Expanding of Red River Road to five lanes began today and will be complete by mid September.

The Enterprise Rent a Car at the corner of Central and Memorial is complete. It only took about 3 months to build the thing.

Last edited by vid; Jun 4, 2007 at 9:31 PM.