Thread: The Dad Thread
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 2:59 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
That is scary. I remember when my kids started day care it took me a long time to relax and settle down. But we were lucky, we had a fantastic day care with amazing staff (and for bonus SSP cred, it was located downtown with a rooftop playground that has awesome views). Actually, before my son got into that day care, he spent about half a year when he was 1 at Kids & Company, which is a national chain... even years ago they had CCTV cameras that you could log into and see what was happening in the day care. That was very reassuring, just being able to log in and see him happily playing, eating or whatever.

However, let's face it... young children are hard work and they can tax the patience of a saint. Every once in a while things will break down and situations like that first news story will emerge. It is certainly a parent's nightmare, because all we want is a safe, nurturing place for our children.
I remember that being a source of stress as well. For some reason a lot of parents seemed to think at-home care would be safer than care in an institutional daycare setting.

How could that be possible? With a lone person all alone with a bunch of kids all day, as opposed to a centre with multiple employees, supervisors and, generally, more standards and safeguards? Never understood that logic.