View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2022, 9:48 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Reading the posts on here, and yet... the rejuvenation of Canadian inner cities continues unabated. Now, they never declined like those in the US did, but a lot of urban neighbourhoods in Canada had gotten a bit dog-eared in the 80s and 90s, before springing back to life in many cases in the first part of the 2000s.

I am wondering though if the growing urban mayhem won't put a dent in that at some point, or even reverse the tide?

So far it doesn't look like that is happening. But momentum often takes a bit of time to turn around.

When it does, it's especially hard to turn it around again if it goes from positive to negative.

And sometimes you don't see it coming.

I don't see the level of stuff going on remaining inconsequential forever - it's getting quite a bit beyond the usual "urban colour" you expect living in a city.
Ground zero (location denoting the natural city centre) in London is also ground zero for the junkies and beggars. I feel a lot of sympathy, but it is very off-putting, especially when I am downtown walking about with my family. I hate to say it, but I sort of wish that the city would clear them out of the downtown core (which currently is beyond saturation with the down and out, dampening the fledgling revival of our city centre).