View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 1:48 PM
arf

Good grief, Molson Export. I had a roommate in Ottawa and when we went out we would buy Molson Export because it's the only beer you can order in the bar when you're too drunk to talk. Just cross your fingers.

My first bar beer was Pilsner (count the bunnies on the bottle). I pretty much drank that and Molson Export until beer changed. These days, I drink random offerings from the store, but I like Rebellion and District breweries which are local and I often have some of the BC offerings like Whistler and Okanagan Spring. I like Okanagan's advertising line of "let the OK times begin." Seems realistic.

My go to regular cheap beer is Rolling Rock from St. Louis. I like supporting places I've lived. Unfortunately, the beer I would want, Schlafly, is only available by special order.

What's wrong with Original 16? It's a reasonable choice by a group that saved their brewery from dying with corporate amalgamation. I do buy their beer, especially when it is the only thing available on tap that is local some places.

Where's SignalHillHiker in this thread? He'd have good local beer stories with the one brewery closing in St. John's. Black Horse was a rebranded usual suspect I think. Quidi Vidi was the local brewery with some nice options.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss