View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
Good find. Jesus...they must have been laughing when they installed that stop.
And that's the edge of DART's service area. The multi-family development mhays linked across the freeway is in Frisco which doesn't have any bus service from the looks of it.

By the way, highrises aren't only being built in cities like Toronto and Vancouver that attract foreign real estate investors. They're being built in smaller cities too, like there's a big rental highrise builder that's building slab towers in a very similar way to what Toronto was doing in the 60s-70s
https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.99111...7i13312!8i6656

I don't think large scale rental housing developers have much to do with Chinese investors. Anyways, we're basically talking about buying up large tracts of land in the suburb to build plain looking 10-15 storey slabs with relatively low cost parking solutions (surface, 1 storey parking decks, 1 storey underground), and quite affordable with rents of around $1.40/sf.

London also has some more expensive condos being built in the downtown, which are also about twice as tall, but it's building about two suburban rental slabs for every downtown condo tower.