View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Ridesharing plays into it, because it lets you cut in places where the bus was previously a life-line service. And that part is OK! It benefits a lot more people, and is ultimately better for transit, to focus on the high-ridership trunk lines.
Which speaks to the importance of improving transit on East Colfax and getting it done right with center-running BRT.

Perhaps using not bus-friendly Orange County's favoring investments in enhanced bus service along with Cleveland's Health Line could help convince the naysayers. Hopefully a little salesmanship along with a great presentation can mitigate the stubbornness of skeptics. I'd even accept a near-term off-peak sharing of the dedicated lanes which I assume would be a disaster for everyone, lol, but whatever will get to center-running bus lanes is all I care about. It's a Big investment and it's too important to get it right from the get-go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
Denver starts to flatten out in the 9k-14k range with several corridors including FF (14k), Federal (13k), Broadway/Lincoln (10k), and Havana (11k) having strong ridership.
This suggests that Federal should be the next focus after East Colfax. Broadway/Lincoln is already a work-in-progress.

I wasn't aware that Havana had that much ridership although I'm not shocked. At the point where voters approve more funding for RTD, then Havana is a corridor I assumed should be improved. Just another good example why passing D-Met Transport is a critical piece.