View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCarl View Post
Whether or not its worth it in the end is besides the point, a $60 billion project is far more likely to be killed than a $30 billion one. By not caring about high unit costs you're actually HURTING the cause of quality rail transit.
I think it IS the point and who doesn't care about "high unit cost" whatever that means (I assume you mean cost per mile)? You got a cheaper way to connect the principle cities of CA with HSR than what they are doing?

I glanced for the first time in a long time at the LA thread and now I'm guessing your negativity has to do with the issues involving HSR in the LA metro (with which I'm not very familiar and about which I don't much care--it's your fight). I also suspect that all has to do with politics and local NIMBYism. I wish none of those things were factors but unfortunately, to get something important done in a place like California, compromises have to be made. The overall goal of having HSR from the downtowns of Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose and LA (and, one hopes, irrespective of the LA wars) San Diego is the overarching goal.