View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 2, 2017, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Maybe I just happened to notice the buses, although there's appeared to be a noticeable uptick around town. So maybe the service increases is already noticeable. That said, I really need to better familiarize with the bus routes and frequency of the routes around town. I used to ride the bus often before I moved to Atlanta. I'd like to get back to using transit more often than ridesharing, wherever possible and convenient enough.
If you haven't done so already, I strongly recommend downloading the official Marta app and saving your preferred bus routes as favorites in there. I've been using the app every day for years now and I would never be able to go back without it. If I'm catching a bus at an actual rail station, I always go by the schedule. If I'm catching one on a street on its way to the station, the real time bus tracker is the way to go.

I always check to see if the bus is a good option before using Uber/Lyft if I'm out and away from a rail station. From my experiences, it's often easier/quicker than dealing with a Uber/Lyft driver unfamiliar to the area and getting lost on the way to find you.