View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:48 PM
Rational urbanist

Pretty funny to hear people's lack of experience with Surrey, like Cloverdale for instance. Living in Ladner, Langley has traditionally been the go-to big box centre for my family so I've travelled through Cloverdale a million times.

I'm looking at the map right now, and I don't think there are many places I've actually never been to. Deep Cove, Belcarra/Anmore and Port Coquitlam are probably the only ones. I've travelled through Port Moody on the bus but never got off, but I'll probably do that once I go check out the Evergreen Extension in a few weeks.

Places I've been to but go very rarely are the North Shore, Maple Ridge, North Burnaby and the Tri-Cities. I travel around fairly extensively around the region because I play rugby and I go to a different suburb almost every weekend for games. My parents are like Pinion too, and will easily go from Abbotsford to the North Shore and back in a day, so when I tag along I get to see a lot of places I normally wouldn't have.

Another thing that's interesting to me is that Pinion implies that he knows Coquitlam very well, but not Richmond or Surrey. It's understandable, but growing up in Richmond/South Delta, Coquitlam has always been the first place that comes to mind when I think of "a place that's fucking far." Probably why I've been perplexed on these forums when some people say the Evergreen Line should've been built before the Canada Line.