View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2016, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Now View Post
stb77: Please define "sprawling architectural footprint" and spell out reference to 141 Stone. Not quite getting what you are saying here.
kaneui is spot-on and goes a little deeper into my thought about use...but physically downtown has a limited footprint. I know downtown has a ways to go in "infilling" a lot of other parcels, but its never too early to start planning and banking space. For example, the Unisource building went "up" rather than using all of their allotted space. Long-term, that surface parking lot just south of the Unisource building is planned for future development.

In kaneui's project list you'll see the current rendering of 141...its sprawled out horizontally on two relatively large downtown parcels. kaneui uses a good analogy of a typical apartment complex. Planning is my job...I'm a huge downtown enthusiast, so I say this with the utmost respect to the land owners...but boy that 141 development is a huge opportunity to go up, allow more density, and plan the 2nd parcel for the future. Architecturally, its too much of the same thing for a distance equal to 2 downtown blocks.

I'm completely shocked that HSL is going with the same concept...at a more prominent intersection/area of downtown mind you. I'm a "let's reach for 10-15 stories" kinda guy at this point. Like kaneui I was hoping for a more urban-oriented effort...at minimum.