View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 12:02 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRoome View Post
I'm interested in the 190m contour road map...I'm guessing it's going to be commercial. Will it be keenly developed to unload the strain on the Kenmount area, or will it be Pippy Place part 2?
There is a massive review underway in the area, it basically covers all the green on both sides of Kenmount Road. Everything vacant between Blackmarsh and Kenmount, as well as Thorburn and Kenmount, is vacant primarily because the land is above the 190m contour line, which has previously been restricted to development. The city is looking at opening it up, and my understanding is they have engaged a consultant to review the whole area and propose a proper plan for the layout. Should be pretty significant once it is released, and we can hope (and should expect) that it will be a well planned mixed-use neighbourhood. Likely will include more commercial, mixed-residential, and perhaps even a school. Also will likely properly connect Kenmount to Thorburn, not sure if they will do anything to connect Kenmount to Blackmarsh.