View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2014, 8:25 PM

Here are some 1950s/60s slides that I found on eBay. They're all from the same seller, and the seller says that all their slides were taken by the same person. I've included the seller's description with each one.

Can we ever have enough pictures of the NBC building at Sunset and Vine?
"Original LOS ANGELES Vintage SLIDE Hollywood [sic] & Vine NBC STUDIOS Street Scene"

eBay

'Goldfinger' had its Hollywood release on Christmas Day 1964. Michael Caine's 'The Ipcress File' was released in the UK in March 1965, but wasn't seen in the US until August of that year.
"Vintage 1965 Original SLIDE Los Angeles GRAUMAN'S CHINESE Street Scene HOLLYWOOD"

eBay

Preston Sturges and The Players Restaurant have both appeared before on NLA, but I don't remember seeing this shot.
"Original RED SLIDE Preston Sturges THE PLAYERS RESTAURANT Vintage LOS ANGELES"

eBay

"LOS ANGELES 1965 Original SLIDE S Broadway STREET SCENE Palace Theater PHOTO"

eBay

I think the banner next to the Barker Bros sign is advertising the premiere of 'Mary Poppins'. 'The Night of the Iguana' and 'Mary Poppins' both came out in August, 1964.
There are more pictures of this building as both the Paramount and the El Capitan in post #7156. Barker Bros is now the Disney Studio Store.
"Original 1964 LOS ANGELES Vintage SLIDE Paramount Theater HOLLYWOOD BLVD"

eBay

"Original LOS ANGELES Vintage Slide UNION Train STATION Red Border Amateur PHOTO"

eBay

"Original LOS ANGELES Vintage Slide HOLLYWOOD PLAZA HOTEL Vine Street RED BORDER"

eBay