View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
Thanks so much for your suggestions guys. I really appreciate it. ( I have a Dell computer from around 2006 with Windows Vista)
I'll have to research flash drives...etc.

It was reported five minutes ago that Lauren Bacall has died.

__
ER - I think I am running about the same system you are. Sometimes, when I am copying too many images around, my system bogs down too. A couple of simple things:

Sometimes I just close all the open windows. For a minute or two, the little hard drive light flashes like crazy. When the light finally stops (and has everything sorted out, I guess) I open things back up and it seems to work better.

Also, try this: click on the little ball (Start) on the lower left corner. Click on All Programs, then click on Accessories, the click on System Tools, then click on Disk Cleanup. That may help. The Disk Defragmenter is also right under the Disk Cleanup, if you want to try that.

ONE THING YOU SHOULD DO FOR SURE - Go out and get yourself an external hard drive. It looks like you can get a terabyte (which is huge) for about $67 at Staples. The external hard drive just plugs into one of your USB ports. Copy all of your folders with photos onto the external hard drive.
If your computer's hard drive craps out, your photos are safe. If you buy a new computer, just plug your external hard drive into the new computer and you can access all the photos.

Re: Lauren Bacall - I know she was younger than Bogart, but he died way back in 1957. How many people outlive their spouses by 57 years!

Last edited by FredH; Aug 14, 2014 at 3:33 AM.