View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Yeah, my understanding was that CN didn't want to play ball on a reroute of the Hoosier State. However, if CN is cooperative then the reroute could be a way to address Indiana's biggest concern.

Interesting to hear that this latest order will provide an entirely new fleet for all Midwest corridor service. The previous generation of "Comet" cars is also a possibility in disguise - what new services are looking to start up and need a couple of cheap used railcars? Northern Lights Express in MN, Coast to Coast in MI, increased frequency on existing lines, etc. I'd prefer they stayed in the Midwest but I'm sure there are worthy services in other regions as well. Just gotta keep the Comets off the scrap heap.
Actually, that brings up a question I have...

The reconditioned Amfleets currently running on the Lincoln Service, who owns those? Amtrak or Illinois?

I ask because if another route does get established (a shuttle from Peoria to Normal or the currently proposed route of Quad Cities-Galesburg-Peoria-Normal-Champaign-Danville), will Illinois have those Amfleets available to use, or do they go back to Amtrak when the bi-levels arrive?