View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
All this harshness towards Vegas makes me wonder if Montréal or Macau have the same negative vibe associated with the gambling/night life. It seems Vegas has turned into a place that is trashy and has a bad stigma too it compared to other cities that are gambling hot spots from what I'm reading in the comments. Maybe Vegas can learn from Montréal on how to have gambling and entertainment without being trashy?
Montreal has a more diverse array of industries and functions than Vegas. Montreal is a very nice and fun city, but it's not the same kind of getaway that way that Vegas is. Sure, there are plenty of people who party in Montreal for a weekend or bachelor party, but that whole "What happens in Vegas..." slogan is not hyperbole for many people and if you're not into all the debauchery, than you can be treated like a king there.

Las Vegas needs to become a more well-rounded city without losing what makes it unique but also cleaning certain things up. Honestly, it's so hot there, I don't know that it'd appeal to some people just from that perspective.