Thread: The 401
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2014, 11:52 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonysnob View Post
412 makes a lot of sense for the West Durham Link, though I don't like 435 for the east link. Hwy 35 is already a four-lane divided highway, it's not inconceivable that one day it would need to be upgraded to a controlled access freeway, like is being proposed for Hwy 11. Plus, having two major hwy's known as X35 so close to each other might be a bit confusing.

From what I understand, the MTO is putting some thought in how to brand new highways as toll roads while drawing a distinction from way that the existing 407 ETR is branded. I am not sure how they will accomplish this, but from what I understand this is why a number hasn't been applied to the WDL at this time.
Yeah I'm not sure 435 is a great idea either, I just wanted to note it as an option. The East link isn't really a good parallel for 35 anyway, seeing as it runs all the way up close to Huntsville.

I'm surprised 35/115 hasn't been upgraded yet - that stretch can get quite busy, and after the split 115 to Peterborough is a properly grade-separated freeway. Perhaps once the 407E is built out that far they'll have to look at doing so.