Thread: UAB Discussion
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2013, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tascalisa View Post
Well, that's what I've been hoping for.

I just don't see why any entity in the Birmingham area has to act on its own. Partnerships aren't always the answer, but some of them should be considered.
Well there is a history here that is partly or mostly to blame, but with good smart people like yourself we just may overcome it and take our place among the great cities we belong with.
Did you by any chance see the video of the UAB President's State of the University address? the one thing in particular that stood out to me was the rendering of the new dorm. I've seen a picture of it, it is suppose to be L shaped with a 8 story wing with about 700 beds and a smaller 4 story wing for office and multipurpose space, it sat right at the corner of 9th Avenue and 17th Street. But on his slide show, it showed a much larger foot print than the L shaped building. It stretched from 16th Avenue to 17th Avenue with a lot more landscaping. Perhaps it was just for effect or they are redesigning a larger building for the anticipated growth. I was under the impression they were going to start construction at the same time they started tearing down Hill center.