View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2013, 3:00 AM

I feel the need to comment on a few things

GCU
From what I know, GCU is growing rapidly and I believe it's the largest private university in Arizona. It sounds like its more like a public university than Pima is. Somebody said that Yuma needs help with jobs and placing a university there would have little effect on the currently unemployed people. I doubt that any of them are qualified to be a professor and moved to Yuma to find a job working as a professor.
IMO some good places for that university would be the empty lot south of I-10, west of kino and east of country club. Yes it's not in the best side of town but it would definitely help the area ALOT. just like how the bridges did. Another spot could be ,like how somebody mentioned, in the Rita Ranch bio park. A last spot seems like it might be a little crazy but placing it just south of the future Cushing Street could really help downtown development (needing more student housing) and adding to the streetcars daily ridership and adding to the customers that will be passing through all the resturants and stores downtown.

5 hour commute by 2050
Prior to 08 housing developers were placing houses EVERYWHERE and a lot of times, in the middle of nowhere. There were predictions that Casa Grande was going to be the same size as Tucson by 2050. After the economic crash and spoke in gas prices I think that most estimates assume that casa grande will never reach the size. What I've noticed too is that housin developments within city limits (ex; Civano, Rancho Valencia, Sierra Morado, Sycamore Park) have been completed a lot faster than those in vail and Sahuarita. I drove by Madera highlands and was surprised at how many empty lots are still for sale. I'm doubting that people will colonize interstate 10 between Tucson and phoenix now. I'm not going to e surprised to see more mass transit systems be put in place in the cities.