View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 2:11 PM
The Vomit Bag.

The LCBO/Beer Store duopoly is fucking terrible. The selection of wines is generally awful. Why should I be forced to drink swill like Dan Ackroyd and Girls night out, just b/c it is from Ontario? There are some nice Niagara wines, but much better Okanagan wines, and still better delights from the continent, Australia, etc. Yes, there are some sampler wines from these regions, but hit or miss, and very little selection. THE HOURS ARE FUCKING STUPID. Banker's hours. Need some wine for dinner? Sorry, we close at 6pm. Oh, going out to a friends for dinner on sunday? Sorry, many locations closed on Sunday. Always closed, Always crowded, always overpriced. And for godsakes, get rid of the fugly uniforms.

As for the Beer Store, nothing is worse than the beer store. Never open when you need it to be. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ALMOST NONE OPEN PAST 9PM AND QUITE A FEW CLOSE MUCH EARLIER!!! WHY??? [cue Eaton Centre Weirdo during G20: "Why are you Closed?!?!?"] Captain useless staff. Endless promotions for American horsepiss like Bud, bud light, bud lite lime, coors fucking light, now that beyond-bad Keystone, fer fuxsakes. Just look at the embarrassment that is the big-10 list. THE PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS. Does anybody in Ottawa buy significant quantities of beer in Ontario, when the delights of Quebec depanneurs lurk just over the bridge? The prices in Quebec are often 40% cheaper, or more. Stupid conveyor belt soviet-style retailing. Did I mention the shitty prices? Also, never open when you need them to be, or did I mention that already? King Shit of Turd Mountain employees that think they own the goddamned place. Lineups to return empties. The crashing of empty bottles/cans filling the room. Lineups. More lineups. Grizzled, Stanky-piss clientele. Pickup trucks with fat porky wives waiting while husbands pick up their 24 of Bud. $49 for a fucking 24 of basic Canadian Beer (Not Canadian, the brand: I would never drink that tasteless air).