View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2012, 7:16 AM
Clearshades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
I was making the comment that that is what we will hear if money was put into the Stadiums if it was only for the stadiums. I got into an argument with some people over the weekend about the need to redevelop the downtown core. Needless to say I got allot of the subsidising millionaires comments. Also “why waste money on something no one wants and will not help Edmonton. One comment was why waste money on Edmonton there is too much crime and it won’t make it better. Another great comment was, Mandel is bankrupting the city. They also found a way to blame Mandel for the lack of an adequate LRT system.

It was a frustrating exercise.

Back to our discussion. I am all for going after the Games if it means updating and adding to our legacy buildings, this would also help build out the airport lands. Look at TOs games village. Dare to dream. Regrettably my sport is not a Commonwealth Games Core Sport.
Dammit Airboy! It is one of the hardest Sports out there. I show you it one more time... You have to stretch out that arm, grab that bottle of beer, retract it back and up to your mouth with your head tilted back! Don't dissapoint me again!