View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symz View Post
It's not that I want to see Windsor turn into a Toronto, but some interest in development other than a strip plaza or a factory would be nice.

The other interesting thing with Windsor is it's not a quiet town that hasn't changed in a long time that has some decent 'quaint' architecture a lot of the old architecture has been torn down and replaced with tacky stuff from the 1950's-1970's it's very 'bleh'.

What other cities for fun can you guys think of that is predominantly filled with awful architecture from the 50's-70's?
I think that Windsor is not unique when it comes to bad developement in the 50's to 70's era. I've seen many other cities with the same ugly designs, although Windsor does have more than it's fair share. It seemed that any building going up in Windsor during that period consisted of an ugly square covered in brown house brick. London was no better with many of their buildings made of grey concrete slabs, very Communist in style.

It's a crime that Windsor just levelled anything and everything to make room for these developements. Hopefully this way of thinking is gone forever.