View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 10:46 PM

Had a trip to and from Lethbridge last night, and was surprised to see how much they've got done on the re-alignment of the #2 between High River and Nanton. The project is to remove the sharp curve right to the south of where the highway used to pass over the now demolished CPR track, essentially having the highway curve to the SE much gentler. They've already tore out the former northbound lanes, and have all traffic running single lane on the southbound lanes. A lot of earth moving has been done on the new alignment, and the former fairly water logged area that the highway will be running through is now mostly solid ground. The old bridge for the northbound lanes is still there, but they've excavated a lot of dirt from around it and both bridges will be removed and the approaches completely flattened from what I could find about the project.

West of Calgary they've also got quite a bit of work done on the 1A twinning, I took a video a week or so ago that I plan to post as soon as I can get around to unloading it from my phone.

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here