View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2011, 6:13 AM

Hello!

Hello, I just needed to write a thank you to everyone participating in this incredible thread. I was going to wait until I caught up with you to the present (I'm still around April/May 2010, page 67), but I needed to say how much I am in awe about all the stuff that you've uncovered - many things that I've wondered about in L.A. The Beaudry House blows my mind. Since I live in the historic core (4th & Main), I'm overly obsessed about this stuff. I can't wait to contribute what I have when I do catch up (hopefully soon).

In the meantime, maybe you saw this new game that Rockstar (the makers of the Grand Theft Auto series) put out called "L.A. Noire". It's set in 1947 L.A. You play a detective in the LAPD, and just like the Grand Theft Auto series, you have the ability to explore the city, here 8 blocks of what is said to be a historically accurate downtown L.A. I didn't see this posted yet, so I'm sorry if it's here somewhere (doesn't look like it). I'm curious about how well this is put together - I was already impressed with the city layouts in the Grand Theft Auto series, and think this one could be really well done. Just wanted to let this forum know the game's existence. Here's the trailer for the game: http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/