View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 2:50 PM
proboscum

All the built, under construction, and proposed buildings have been updated on the main page. The Akihabara Plan Building was reduced in height from 99.5 m to 98.95 m, making it just below 99 m. I wasn't sure if I should leave it in the list or not, but since skyscraperpage.com has space for only one decimal in its database, it rounds up to 99.0 m. Because of this I decided to leave it in. The Nishi-Shinjuku 6-chome West 6th Zone Redevelopment Office however was not as lucky, being reduced in height from 105 m to 87.83 m, so that's gone.

My next task will be to update the renderings to reflect the changes I've made.

On another note, a new proposal, the Marunouchi 1-chome Area Project is going to be the new headquarters of the Sumitomo Mitsui Bank. It's surprising because they're going to be building it on the site of the current JFE Building, a 77.8 m tall building that is just over 30 years old. Seems like a waste to me. Judge for yourself (sorry for the poor photo).

JFE Building:

Marunouchi 1-chome Area Project:

Reminds me of the Hamarikyu Building, a building of almost the exact same age and height as the JFE Building which was demolished to make way for a new building that is close to the same height as the Marunouchi 1-chome Building.