View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 3:12 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_haak View Post
For the person who mentioned the drive from Winnipeg to Dryden, try driving from Winnipeg to Fort Frances through Sioux Narrows. It's far more pretty and Hwy 11 isn't used half as much as 17. That said, the drive through Lake Superior Provincial Park on the north shore of Lake Superior has got to be one of the nicest drives in the province, if not the country.
Agree with you on both counts. Not a lot of people have ever taken the drive down Hwy 11 though, so I wasn't sure if anyone would even know what I was talking about That, and it's a pretty intimidating road for those that are used to flat and straight. Nothing like running into a logging truck on a hairpin curve... The whole Sioux Narrows area is one of the many hidden gems of Canada.

My only complaint about Superior park is that a) you have to drive through the worst fog in the world, and b) it's so FAR from everything (unless you live in the Soo). But yeah. Driving through there in October, when the leaves are changing - AWESOME.