View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
The area definitely has an international feel to it, there are very few native born around here. In my small condo complex of 9 units we have, Indian, Asian, South American (Peruvian), mixed race, black, Mexican, Armenian, and Caucasian. We are a diverse group here, but it was the similar in my Woodland Hills neighborhood , but more Persians, and much of the white people were mainly Eastern European, very few Latinos.

BTW my office is on Sherman Way, and Sepulveda the complex next door to the Mc Donald’s. I’m only there 2 days a week, telework the other days. It’s a very busy area, and I often see a lot of people walking to and from the grocery store, it’s a good area if you don’t have a car.

People assume the Valley is just White/Jewish and Mexican but it is much more diverse than assumed. I noticed a cluster of Indian businesses around Canoga Park/Warner Center and also heard there is a small but growing Central Asian community in Valley Village/North Hollywood. I was looking at a map of ancestry and it showed Peruvian ancestry around Van Nuys and Reseda and Indian an plurality in one census tract in Warner Center as well as Porter Ranch. The Valley was majority White from the 50s to 80s and shifted mostly Mexican by the 90s. I think the Valley could be super diverse by the 2030s.