View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
I don’t have this information on paper, but I can tell you from what I see everyday you are correct. I’m right on the border of Van Nuys and most of the people I see daily are majority Russians and Ukrainians. I wouldn’t say it’s affordable, but yes less than Sherman Oaks.

Technically I’m in Valley Glen, but we’re really close and the house across the street from me is going for $1,175.00 and it’s about 1650 square feet. Most of the houses I’m seeing in Van Nuys is asking over a million, I’m actually surprised because I see houses in West Hills going for less and I’m pretty sure West Hills would be considered a better neighborhood. I’m thinking it’s the close proximity west LA, and Hollywood. Plus as you mentioned Sherman Oaks spill over. I think too, this area definitely feels less suburban and a lot more congested so in a sense it kinda feels more like a neighborhood over the hill in the LA basin.
Sorry, I meant less pricy than Sherman Oaks. Yea, Ive been in a few restaurants in Van Nuys and its starting to look pretty Russian/eastern Europeaan lol. Its pretty interesting/. The Sepulveda blvd section anyway. Ive seen young Russian blondes at Sherman Way and Sepulveda recently. Theyre taking over lol