View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2024, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinSoCal View Post
One last question before I forget.

What would be the most convenient way for a family of four with luggage to get from JFK to 8th Ave and 43rd St near Times Square?

I've been told the A train is the cheapest way but I kinda feel a cab ride would be more comfortable but also more expensive.

Is it a problem riding the trains when you're carrying luggage, specially if the train is packed with people? We would be riding morning peak hours.
Either the A train or E train will get you directly to Times Square from JFK. The flat fare yellow taxi rate from JFK to Manhattan is $70. For a family of four to take the A or E train it would cost 4*$2.90 (subway fare) + $4*$8.50 (Airtrain fare) = $45.60.

How old are the kids? If they're older than five, the subway should be fine. It gets tricky if you have to carry them around. I always opt for taking the subway (or LIRR) to/from JFK unless it's very late at night/early in the morning. I find the subway to be more comfortable than taxis or Ubers, because I get motion sickness and the car hire drivers love slamming on their gas and brakes.