View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2023, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
^ I quite like the new mascot / logo. I guess you could say it's a little on the nose, but it reflects an optimistic spirit that is easy to get behind.

The fact that a city like Saginaw is building a 5-story high school, loaded with great amenities, located downtown / on a riverfront, is frankly pretty incredible / unprecedented, at least in Michigan. Not a bad concession prize for having to lose a cross-town high school rivalry. It seems like a smart strategy on so many levels. Also, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but it looks a bit like a low-rise commercial office or apartment building construction, and I wonder if the planners had discussions that long-long-term, should a future new school be built, this could be more easily repurposed and converted to a different use.

Other rust belt cities with declining populations should take note.
Agree. This is not typical and is some serious bragging rights for the students. When I kept hearing people say it was “tall” I certainly didn’t expect a 5 story building with floor to floor heights like this. It’s nice to see schools as standout structures. Think about how they used to be with grand entrances and clock towers. This could have gone the unfortunate suburban route, low slung and small windows. Thankfully it didn’t