View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2023, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Funding for the stadium and surrounding areas is at least verbally confirmed.

The Stadium is set to be paid for by a mixture of Public and Private funds. RDA and TRT funds for infrastructure, parking, signage, etc.. Nearby entertainment, hotel, restaurants, and housing will be fully private funds. Stadium itself will be built with private funds but will receive post tax credits, similar to how the CCH was funded. The Stadium may receive additional tax deferred credits from the surrounding entertainment district.

There is also a verbal agreement on the land lease/purchase from RMP.

I don't have any other information but I know that if/when SLC is awarded an MLB franchise, things will be moving quickly.[
I don't think it works this way, I think you show the plan then get awarded, at least to the best of my knowledge. It all feels to speculative to me but maybe there's a lot going on privately that the public isn't able to see/hear about. I haven't seen a single thing published stating that a financing plan is in place, polls suggest that any type of public support is not a slam dunk either. The last comments from Cox on the topic was that no financing discussions have happened.

"There have currently been no discussions about financing, but the governor has been clear that protecting taxpayers will always be at the forefront of these discussions,” a spokesperson for Cox told the Deseret News."

https://frontofficesports.com/utah-r...l-mlb-stadium/

Last edited by locolife; Sep 24, 2023 at 3:47 PM.