SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223168)

Drofmab Nov 30, 2016 5:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7636668)
Don't know you work there? Sounds like wishful thinking. :cheers:

I work downtown, but not in that complex.
(so yes, it is wishful thinking :yes:)

Drofmab Jan 9, 2017 8:26 PM

Quite a bit of movement in Cornwall.

Some of the usual post-Christmas closures (Calendar Club in former Birks; Pop-up clothing shop in former Danier), but some are longer-term tenants (Bentley; Things Engraved). Also some relocations (Chatters previously, The Source shortly - opening on main level towards the Bay in Feb). Interesting that many of the closures are in the area around Tim Hortons. Telus is about the only one not to have closed/moved.

Is Tim's still moving? If so, not surprising to see these shops relocating... that area was always a dead spot before Tim's opened. With it gone, I suspect it'll be relatively dead again.

(Garage is also closed for renos - no change to location, though)

Nathan Jan 9, 2017 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7672425)
Quite a bit of movement in Cornwall.

Some of the usual post-Christmas closures (Calendar Club in former Birks; Pop-up clothing shop in former Danier), but some are longer-term tenants (Bentley; Things Engraved). Also some relocations (Chatters previously, The Source shortly - opening on main level towards the Bay in Feb). Interesting that many of the closures are in the area around Tim Hortons. Telus is about the only one not to have closed/moved.

Is Tim's still moving? If so, not surprising to see these shops relocating... that area was always a dead spot before Tim's opened. With it gone, I suspect it'll be relatively dead again.

(Garage is also closed for renos - no change to location, though)

And cue the ongoing rumours than H&M is considering that section of the mall (former Havok outside + ex-upstairs yoga studio, Smitty's, Chatters, Tim Hortons if they relocate). Maybe Bentley is being pushed out and Telus will be shifted over to fully take up that corner of the mall including the hallway/Things Engraved spot? Just spitballing/fanning the rumours.

HomeInMyShoes Jan 9, 2017 9:04 PM

It would certainly be nice to have a sort-of anchor at that end of the mall. It is a dead-zone, although coffee was the perfect thing there for the business employee commuters heading into and out of the mall into adjoining buildings across the pedways.

jigglysquishy Jan 9, 2017 9:09 PM

Nope

Stormer Jan 9, 2017 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 7672475)
H&M is 100% confirmed and will start construction early Q2.

Do you know if a makeover of the 11th Ave frontage is part of this?

jigglysquishy Jan 9, 2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7672500)
Do you know if a makeover of the 11th Ave frontage is part of this?

It is, but I don't know the design details.

Tims is taking the old Second Cup location and H&M is taking the old Havik and Smittys.

Stormer Jan 9, 2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 7672535)
It is, but I don't know the design details.

Tims is taking the old Second Cup location and H&M is taking the old Havik and Smittys.

...and (former) Chatters and (current) Tims on second floor.

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 10, 2017 7:44 AM

I would guess H&M would also take over the empty former Bryan's location on the main floor just east of the old Havik as well?

BrutallyDishonest2 Jan 10, 2017 1:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7672974)
I would guess H&M would also take over the empty former Bryan's location on the main floor just east of the old Havik as well?

The mall doesn't own that building.

Stormer Jan 10, 2017 2:40 PM

Too bad about Bryan's. I thought they had a decent business selling inexpensive prom dresses to teens. I guess that is pretty seasonal.

We can't afford to lose street front retail downtown. H&M can't come soon enough.

yveseluj Jan 13, 2017 2:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 7672475)
H&M is 100% confirmed and will start construction early Q2.

Any idea when this'll be announced? Seems like a fairly big deal. I know people have been wanting one in Regina for a while.

jigglysquishy Jan 13, 2017 3:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 7676436)
Any idea when this'll be announced? Seems like a fairly big deal. I know people have been wanting one in Regina for a while.

I suspect it'll be announced on a Friday with construction starting Monday.

Stormer Jan 13, 2017 3:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 7676807)
I suspect it'll be announced on a Friday with construction starting Monday.

I suspect in will be announced in the morning of weekday. ;)

cityboy Jan 29, 2017 11:50 PM

Grasslands Retail

Looks like the site map has been updated to list some of the tenants in the Urban Village segment. Little Caesars, Chopped Leaf, Tutti Frutti etc., as well as Blaze Pizza, which is one of the first in Canada and also Structube, which is kinda cool.

Drofmab Jan 30, 2017 7:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7673084)
H&M can't come soon enough.

More stores in the southeast corner of Cornwall have now closed... Bentley, Town Shoes, and Metalsmiths.

Other than Roots, Telus, ZamZam & Tims, every storefront in "Zone J" of the mall is now empty.

Like The Source, I'm assuming Telus will relocate (not close altogether) - Metalsmiths' former location seems like a decent bet, eh?

Cornwall better get an announcement out soon about H&M - most of the closed locations are just blank - no "coming soon" or "We're moving" - to a casual shopper, it could seem like the mall is dying.

(Cornwall Security also got a major upgrade - they've taken over the former medical office space facing SaskTel - a much larger footprint than they previously had - probably 2-3x larger).

Nathan Jan 30, 2017 8:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7694900)
More stores in the southeast corner of Cornwall have now closed... Bentley, Town Shoes, and Metalsmiths.

Other than Roots, Telus, ZamZam & Tims, every storefront in "Zone J" of the mall is now empty.

Like The Source, I'm assuming Telus will relocate (not close altogether) - Metalsmiths' former location seems like a decent bet, eh?

Cornwall better get an announcement out soon about H&M - most of the closed locations are just blank - no "coming soon" or "We're moving" - to a casual shopper, it could seem like the mall is dying.

(Cornwall Security also got a major upgrade - they've taken over the former medical office space facing SaskTel - a much larger footprint than they previously had - probably 2-3x larger).

I think metalsmiths was just renovating. I don't think it said they were closing out. HMV's space will be open soon though; all HMV locations in Canada are closing.

There could definitely be some major shuffling in the next while. Certainly agree it's starting to look bad to the casual shopper though...

Drofmab Jan 31, 2017 4:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7694961)
I think metalsmiths was just renovating. I don't think it said they were closing out. HMV's space will be open soon though; all HMV locations in Canada are closing.

There could definitely be some major shuffling in the next while. Certainly agree it's starting to look bad to the casual shopper though...

Metalsmiths' website doesn't list a Cornwall Centre location anymore - just a reference to a "concept store" opening in Grasslands this month.

The Source's new location on the main level is now open - it is a big improvement (visually, at least - didn't check out the product select or customer service).

Nathan Jan 31, 2017 5:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7695988)
Metalsmiths' website doesn't list a Cornwall Centre location anymore - just a reference to a "concept store" opening in Grasslands this month.

The Source's new location on the main level is now open - it is a big improvement (visually, at least - didn't check out the product select or customer service).

Interesting, well in that case the footprint would definitely does line up with Telus's current one.

As for the source, it felt like it had about the same amount of product, just much more spaced out. Pros and Cons to that I guess; it's less cramped, but also might not be as efficiency a use of space (though maybe the mall gave them a deal on rent to get them to shift)?

cityboy Jan 31, 2017 5:22 PM

Perhaps Hillberg and Berk moves into the corner vacated by Metalsmiths? I also noticed that Aldo's Accessory location is boarded up...