SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223168)

Stormer Feb 5, 2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8462282)
I thought I'd heard Marshalls was taking the old Home Outfitters space between Michaels and London Drugs on VicEast/Prince of Wales, but there's been little to no activity in there for over a month. Has anyone heard anything about that space?

Still on the site map. These chains have store opening crews. If they are not done the last one, the next one has to wait. It is a big job.
https://www.smartcentres.com/app/upl...ISTLER2019.jpg

bourbonandbranch Feb 6, 2019 1:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8462282)
I thought I'd heard Marshalls was taking the old Home Outfitters space between Michaels and London Drugs on VicEast/Prince of Wales, but there's been little to no activity in there for over a month. Has anyone heard anything about that space?


Saw signs up yesterday that Marshalls will be opening April 9th. They took about 2/3 of the old Home Outfitters space. I haven't heard of anyone confirmed for the rest of the space yet

Dan0myte Feb 6, 2019 5:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 8462071)
Have there been any rumours as to what's going in the old Sears spot in the Cornwall yet?

I'm hoping for a Go-Kart track! :tup:

StealthGirl Feb 6, 2019 11:13 PM

That's too bad. I was hoping Marshalls had changed their mind. They're the same company as Winners and Homesense so not really bringing anything new. And so continues the Regina retail habit of same old same old.

SpongeG Feb 13, 2019 6:15 AM

Marshalls does try to carry different brands at least, they tend to have higher priced brands, at least the stores in BC do. And they are laid out nicer.

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 18, 2019 6:03 AM

Any picture updates of the Cornwall Centre renovations?

Stormer Feb 19, 2019 2:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8478004)
Any picture updates of the Cornwall Centre renovations?

I was there last week. It is still in progress. Not much to look at.

Dan0myte Feb 19, 2019 5:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8478004)
Any picture updates of the Cornwall Centre renovations?

Yeah!

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...go-karting.jpg

Oh wait sorry, that's just in my dreams. :wah:

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 19, 2019 5:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 8479550)
Yeah!

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...go-karting.jpg

Oh wait sorry, that's just in my dreams. :wah:

Hahahaha! That just made my day :)

StealthGirl Feb 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Payless is applying for creditor protection in Canada and will close all locations in Canada this spring. That would be three stores here -- Harbour Landing, Cornwall Centre and SE Regina just off Prince of Wales.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4975274/p...osing-canada/?

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 19, 2019 6:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8479597)
Payless is applying for creditor protection in Canada and will close all locations in Canada this spring. That would be three stores here -- Harbour Landing, Cornwall Centre and SE Regina just off Prince of Wales.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4975274/p...osing-canada/?

Never shopped there and not a surprise really. I’m sure DSW has taken a chunk of their profits.

Draftsman Feb 19, 2019 6:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8479597)
Payless is applying for creditor protection in Canada and will close all locations in Canada this spring. That would be three stores here -- Harbour Landing, Cornwall Centre and SE Regina just off Prince of Wales.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4975274/p...osing-canada/?

There is a 4th Payless in Regina in the Northgate Mall.

Draftsman Feb 19, 2019 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8462302)
Still on the site map. These chains have store opening crews. If they are not done the last one, the next one has to wait. It is a big job.
https://www.smartcentres.com/app/upl...ISTLER2019.jpg

I looked at this site map when Stormer posted it on February 5th and noticed a few retail spots that are orange, which I assume are available for lease, such as the former Bowring location and the remaining space in the former Home Outfitters. I noticed the small three-unit retail space current occupied by Payless Shoes, Regis Salon, and Paderno Kitchen Store, are all indicating orange as well. So, does this mean that Regis and Paderno are closing soon too?

Stormer Feb 19, 2019 7:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8479704)
I looked at this site map when Stormer posted it on February 5th and noticed a few retail spots that are orange, which I assume are available for lease, such as the former Bowring location and the remaining space in the former Home Outfitters. I noticed the small three-unit retail space current occupied by Payless Shoes, Regis Salon, and Paderno Kitchen Store, are all indicating orange as well. So, does this mean that Regis and Paderno are closing soon too?

Paderno was acquired by Canadian Tire last year. They likely have a new strategy and may be relocating. I believe Regis is a franchise.

Draftsman Feb 19, 2019 7:40 PM

Thanks, Stormer.

I'm afraid we are going to see more retail and restaurant closures this year. So many are just barely hanging on. You just have to wonder "who's next?".

StealthGirl Feb 19, 2019 8:39 PM

Zippity Zoom Toys had announced they were closing, but have since announced their daughter will be taking ownership and keeping it open. That's a great independent that is wonderful to see continue. :)

J_M_A Feb 27, 2019 7:23 PM

I noticed that Sears Home on Quance is leased. Any idea who might be moving in?

CoryB Feb 27, 2019 8:15 PM

[QUOTE=Draftsman;8479751]You just have to wonder "who's next?".]/QUOTE]

EB Games posting financials rangers from tiny profits to small loses for many quarters now over a few years.

Lowes/Rona - missed their recent quarterly projections due to slower than expected sales in Canada and closed a number of locations in late 2018.

Saks and Off 5th - with the Home Outfitters news came a report that 20 US based locations will likely close. The whole chain could get pulled at some point.

Also hearing Reitmans et all (Addition Elle, Pennigtons, R&W etc) seems to be in trouble.

Yup. Grim time to be in retail and I am sure even those are just the tip of what is happening.

Stormer Feb 27, 2019 8:31 PM

[QUOTE=CoryB;8489497]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8479751)
You just have to wonder "who's next?".]/QUOTE]

EB Games posting financials rangers from tiny profits to small loses for many quarters now over a few years.

Lowes/Rona - missed their recent quarterly projections due to slower than expected sales in Canada and closed a number of locations in late 2018.

Saks and Off 5th - with the Home Outfitters news came a report that 20 US based locations will likely close. The whole chain could get pulled at some point.

Also hearing Reitmans et all (Addition Elle, Pennigtons, R&W etc) seems to be in trouble.

Yup. Grim time to be in retail and I am sure even those are just the tip of what is happening.

"The Amazon Effect" ... sounds like a horror movie title.

sastaunik44 Mar 18, 2019 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_M_A (Post 8489420)
I noticed that Sears Home on Quance is leased. Any idea who might be moving in?

I would like to know...anyone?


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.