SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   My City Photos (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   Atlanta - Observations Of A City - 132 Square Miles (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214360)

Sketching Nov 18, 2014 11:24 PM

Atlanta - Observations Of A City - 132 Square Miles- UPDATED

Deleted.

LSyd Nov 19, 2014 7:06 AM

awesome.
-

Driver8 Nov 19, 2014 12:28 PM

This is art! I look forward to your updates.

After looking at one particular photo, the "Batman" theme song is now playing in my head:D

Sketching Nov 19, 2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSyd (Post 6813097)
awesome.
-

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driver8 (Post 6813161)
This is art! I look forward to your updates.

After looking at one particular photo, the "Batman" theme song is now playing in my head:D

Thanks Driver8. I hope to present Atlanta in a style differently than others, a little less documentarian and more creatively. Though I'm not sure that's well received around here hahaha.

http://youtu.be/VSaDPc1Cs5U

L.ARCH Nov 19, 2014 11:11 PM

Fantastic!

Chef Nov 20, 2014 5:26 AM

Great shots! I haven't spent much time in Atlanta but from photos its built form strikes me as being Minneapolis' southern doppelganger. Both cities cores are products of the same era, and were roughly the same size and scale up until the '70s so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Driver8 Nov 20, 2014 12:31 PM

Thanks Driver8. I hope to present Atlanta in a style differently than others, a little less documentarian and more creatively. Though I'm not sure that's well received around here hahaha.

Oh yeah - great tune there :cool:

I definitely appreciate your creative approach. And I think most everybody -- everyone who has taste anyway! -- enjoys your photos.

Driver8 Nov 20, 2014 12:42 PM

^^^^I see a bit of similarity in the two cities as well. Similar size and they look similar from above too - when I saw an aerial shot of Minneapolis recently, at first I thought it might be Atlanta. I haven't visited Minneapolis yet, but I'd like to one of these days.

You do a similarly fine job with your photos of Minneapolis as Sketching does with Atlanta.

Edit: Oops, thought I was replying to Chef. I don't have this comments thing down yet.

Bedhead Nov 20, 2014 1:59 PM

Brilliant shots - love the mix of 80s and contemporary photos.

Sketching Nov 21, 2014 1:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedhead (Post 6814705)
Brilliant shots - love the mix of 80s and contemporary photos.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.ARCH (Post 6814048)
Fantastic!

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef (Post 6814487)
Great shots! I haven't spent much time in Atlanta but from photos its built form strikes me as being Minneapolis' southern doppelganger. Both cities cores are products of the same era, and were roughly the same size and scale up until the '70s so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Thank you. I really need to visit Minneapolis. I always enjoy seeing your posts and I have a friend who visits there a couple of times a year and raves about it. I agree in that I do believe there are similarities in the cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driver8 (Post 6814637)

Oh yeah - great tune there :cool:

I definitely appreciate your creative approach. And I think most everybody -- everyone who has taste anyway! -- enjoys your photos.

LOL thanks again. There will be more Batman later on in this thread I can promise.

Danny Nov 21, 2014 9:51 AM

These are very nice postcards! Thanks for sharing, Sketching!

I´ve liked the mix between current and old photographs. Besides, I like to see the date and place under each picture. That was a great idea!

Congrats and greetings from Madrid, Spain.:tup:

Wheelingman04 Nov 26, 2014 5:17 AM

Thanks for the tour :-)

smArTaLlone Nov 28, 2014 3:12 AM

Wow! This is good.

Sketching May 17, 2015 9:52 PM

Series 002

Deleted.

Driver8 May 18, 2015 12:12 PM

Great pictures, and I always appreciate when these threads include personal commentary.

I think the High Museum, the Oakland Cemetery and the National Center for Civil Rights images are my favorites. Oh, and the bunny pic. Love that one. :D

Sketching May 18, 2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driver8 (Post 7030848)
Great pictures, and I always appreciate when these threads include personal commentary.

I think the High Museum, the Oakland Cemetery and the National Center for Civil Rights images are my favorites. Oh, and the bunny pic. Love that one. :D

Thanks Driver8. This time around I thought I would take a more educational route with the commentary and a little less snark.

Sketching May 20, 2015 7:24 PM

Series 003 : Lost In The Weeds

deleted

Sketching Jun 19, 2015 6:46 PM

deleted

LSyd Jun 26, 2015 1:11 PM

awesome tour of midtown. i remember back in the early 2000s before the clubs were mostly bulldozed over.

-

Sketching Jun 29, 2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSyd (Post 7076080)
awesome tour of midtown. i remember back in the early 2000s before the clubs were mostly bulldozed over.

-

Thanks LSyd. Yeah Midtown has changed so much in recent years between 10th and 14th streets. I can remember going through there in the 80s long before the Federal Reserve moved up from downtown. It was a lively stretch back then for nightlife. The building of the Fed. was the beginning of the change for that part of Midtown with Crescent Ave. getting chopped in half and it's hard to believe I used to go to Music Midtown on what used to be vacant lots back in there.