SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=223168)

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 16, 2017 12:20 AM

Also the 20vic new website mentions "Opening this spring" Saje and MAC Cosmetics.

BrannyMuffin Feb 16, 2017 12:45 AM

I can't post from my phone, but if you go to the 20 VIC website and look at the floor plan you can see the footprint of H&M. It looks like there are 2 new (small) CRUs on the 2nd floor, as well as a new skylight. Not everything is updated on there though. It still has Metalsmiths and Aldo Accessories, for example.

BrutallyDishonest2 Feb 16, 2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7713658)
Is there any space left above Hudsons Bay that maybe a Goodlife could go in? I'm trying to think where would have a large enough spot for them. Not sure about the square footage but if Marlin moved, how many square feet would be free for a gym on the main level across from Sasktel?

3sHealth occupies all the space above the bay.

I don't think that the mall would want a gym in any of their prime retail spaces as they pay lower rent.

In total, there's still only like 3000 s.f. for a gym.

BrutallyDishonest2 Feb 16, 2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 7713681)
I can't post from my phone, but if you go to the 20 VIC website and look at the floor plan you can see the footprint of H&M. It looks like there are 2 new (small) CRUs on the 2nd floor, as well as a new skylight. Not everything is updated on there though. It still has Metalsmiths and Aldo Accessories, for example.

Actually, that's pretty funny at the 20Vic site straight up says H&M on it when they refuse to announce it.

http://i.imgur.com/y5afPSs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kKBRfqO.png

BrannyMuffin Feb 16, 2017 1:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7713699)
Actually, that's pretty funny at the 20Vic site straight up says H&M on it when they refuse to announce it.

Haha, yeah I noticed that too. Thanks for posting!

Stormer Feb 16, 2017 3:06 AM

At 25,500 sf that is a huge H&M.

Stormer Feb 16, 2017 3:12 AM

They are relocating the alley pedway to the RBC Building to the north.

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 16, 2017 7:37 AM

Looking at the updated floor plan, I just wish they would purchase the main floor of the Sasktel tower and then put stores there. Then they would have space for proper north side large floor plate tenants to make that side active.

Also did someone mention the Cornwall Building being demolished? Will that be a project once this H&M renovation is complete?

Scruff Bucket Feb 16, 2017 8:53 AM

Nice find, BrannyMuffin!

Am I reading correctly, or is there no main entrance to the mall on the second level? Looks like only a small entry way to a service corridor. Unless these floor plans are so preliminary that they just didn't show it, while the tenant develops their floor layout.

My wife will be so happy ... Oh, No-o-o-o! Spending spree on clothes for the kids! :yes:

jigglysquishy Feb 16, 2017 1:20 PM

And ZamZams is staying!

pappcam Feb 16, 2017 1:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7713658)
Is there any space left above Hudsons Bay that maybe a Goodlife could go in? I'm trying to think where would have a large enough spot for them. Not sure about the square footage but if Marlin moved, how many square feet would be free for a gym on the main level across from Sasktel?

eHealth Saskatchewan occupies the whole level above Hudson's Bay so there's no available area up there.

pappcam Feb 16, 2017 1:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7713692)
3sHealth occupies all the space above the bay.

I don't think that the mall would want a gym in any of their prime retail spaces as they pay lower rent.

In total, there's still only like 3000 s.f. for a gym.

eHealth, not 3sHealth.

Stormer Feb 16, 2017 2:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7714007)
Looking at the updated floor plan, I just wish they would purchase the main floor of the Sasktel tower and then put stores there. Then they would have space for proper north side large floor plate tenants to make that side active.

Also did someone mention the Cornwall Building being demolished? Will that be a project once this H&M renovation is complete?

The demo of the office building is on their wish list. I assume it will depend on future leasing.

Stormer Feb 16, 2017 2:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket (Post 7714019)
Nice find, BrannyMuffin!

Am I reading correctly, or is there no main entrance to the mall on the second level? Looks like only a small entry way to a service corridor. Unless these floor plans are so preliminary that they just didn't show it, while the tenant develops their floor layout.

My wife will be so happy ... Oh, No-o-o-o! Spending spree on clothes for the kids! :yes:

Yes the connection to RBC will be pretty much just a utility corridor. On the plus side, the pedway will now line up with the pedway to the Alvin Hamilton Building.

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 16, 2017 4:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7713699)
Actually, that's pretty funny at the 20Vic site straight up says H&M on it when they refuse to announce it.

http://i.imgur.com/y5afPSs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kKBRfqO.png

I'm guessing Saje will go in one of the new CRU spots?

They will have for Vacancies: across from Sasktel, HMV's spot probably come April, the space next to Below the Belt. I wonder what they will have planned. Also, how has Claire's lasted so long in that one spot?

I am also so happy about the new planned skylight for the food court. It's so dark in that area. Plus I would love for them to in the end repaint the ceiling brighter or get rid of the popcorn ceiling all together for something more modern and bright.

Nathan Feb 16, 2017 4:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7714246)
I'm guessing Saje will go in one of the new CRU spots?

They will have for Vacancies: across from Sasktel, HMV's spot probably come April, the space next to Below the Belt. I wonder what they will have planned. Also, how has Claire's lasted so long in that one spot?

I am also so happy about the new planned skylight for the food court. It's so dark in that area. Plus I would love for them to in the end repaint the ceiling brighter or get rid of the popcorn ceiling all together for something more modern and bright.

The source moved there. According to the floorplans though, they have the source where Papyrus is and no new location for Papyrus as far as I can see. Not sure if anything is to be read into that though...

Nathan Feb 16, 2017 5:53 PM

Looks like the news picked up on this thread...

Global's article

Drofmab Feb 16, 2017 7:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7714246)
They will have for Vacancies: across from SaskTel...

Space across from SaskTel isn't vacant. Cornwall Security moved into it last month. Doesn't look like a temporary relocation.

Stormer Feb 16, 2017 8:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7714373)
Looks like the news picked up on this thread...

Global's article

Haha awesome. Some folks at H&M will be furious.

Nathan Feb 16, 2017 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7714555)
Haha awesome. Some folks at H&M will be furious.

I was thinking the same thing. There could be some rapped knuckles at 20 Vic.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.