SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diagrams (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I think we need more people reviewing request (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243868)

La_Parca Sep 10, 2020 11:46 PM

I think we need more people reviewing request

We need more active moderators reviewing the building requests that are made daily Sksycraperpage, since it usually takes too long for a requested entry to be added to the database, mine ones are taking a week and I have seen others requests that are taking months, this is bad for the database since it discourages people to make requests for the database and the amount of contributions will be low, it is necessary that they give more attention to that

in fact, I would offer myself to be a reviewer of the requests to the database with great pleasure if there is a lack of people for that

Anders Franzén Sep 12, 2020 10:33 AM

I agree

I have eleven requests that waited for two months now. Drawings are ready to be uploaded

At least some information as of why nothing happens, please.

Etesia Sep 13, 2020 12:57 PM

del

Skyscraperking1566 Sep 13, 2020 1:26 PM

Same here.

Alpha Sep 13, 2020 11:39 PM

Some links may not work after some time

When building requests are too long in the queue, there may be the danger that given source links do not work any more.

La_Parca Sep 13, 2020 11:45 PM

that is true, the page will die if the admins dont pay attention to it, because the people will lost his motivation to do drawings

Alpha Sep 15, 2020 6:39 PM

I mean the problem is, that when you give a link with a height value and a year of construction, it may not work any more after some time

Etesia Sep 18, 2020 4:19 PM

There are many applicants who can work as data editors for free.
Because we have a passionate hobby about skyscrapers.
Dylan should go over this.
Of course, expertise and thoroughness are required so that information can be edited as accurately as possible.

:shrug:

PhillyDreamsReturns Oct 16, 2020 1:49 AM

It's so sad to read all of this. Make Skyscraperpage Great Again!

Etesia Oct 21, 2020 9:12 AM

del

Skyscraperking1566 Oct 21, 2020 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etesia (Post 9080129)
This is quite a serious problem.
I requested about 30 buildings.
And the drawing for this is ready.
However, data is not added after a month.
This is the reason why illustrators are becoming less motivated.:(

Yeah, my requests for example are waiting since August and I added lots of missing buildings and cities too, not only from Poland but also from other european countries.

Oberhafenjunge Oct 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Since I'm kind of new to the whole illustration- (and therefore also the requesting-)game here on SSP, I supposed that it has always been like that: waiting 1-2 months until the requests get reviewed...
But since others are complaining: Yeah it would be nice to see the requests getting reviewed and processed faster.
If it should be of any help:
I would like to help out if I get a brief introduction and permissions to do it. :)
Just wanted to offer it to the staff...
But I also don't know how the hierarchy works around here.

vid Oct 23, 2020 2:36 AM

We're working on finding a way to get more people approved to this process, please be patient while we figure it out.

koops65 Oct 24, 2020 2:50 AM

I was given editorial powers, but no job... :shrug: So I have taken it upon myself to help out in the Canada section here and there, but so far no one higher up has said anything to me about this topic.

vid Oct 25, 2020 3:54 PM

What do you mean "no job"?

Etesia Oct 28, 2020 6:38 AM

I asked 'site manager' several times for Editor access to correct local information in Korea.
But he is silent.
Maybe he doesn't want a new Editor to appear.
I also just decided to adjust to the current situation.
Requesting new building information takes an average of three months to register.

vid Oct 29, 2020 12:48 AM

The site administrator is not very reachable right now. It isn't because he doesn't want more editors, he is just not very connected to the internet right now. We're working on finding way to resolve the situation so that new editors can be approved.

koops65 Oct 31, 2020 4:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid (Post 9084688)
What do you mean "no job"?

I mean that most of you seem to have a specific job, like being the editor for the Canada section of the database for instance, but no one has said a word to me about doing any tasks...

vid Oct 31, 2020 1:06 PM

We can edit anything we feel comfortable with. There is no job or assignment. The original goal was to have editors from all over the world so each region was represented well enough that requests didn't languish for weeks or months, but a lot of editors have disappeared or gotten busier with other things and have less time, so new editors need to be added. We just can't seem to get them added at the moment.

Etesia Nov 1, 2020 1:38 AM

Isn't the site admin Dylan?
He accesses the Internet every day and approves our diagram.