SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223168)

one_brick_at_a_time Mar 21, 2018 2:22 AM

Cornwall Centre updated their website. Not fully complete of an update, but a start. Wish they would change their map viewing format to what Southland has. The Scroll over is so much more visually appealing and interactive.

I did notice on the main page that the scrolling images of store logos includes “Edelweiss Florist”. I wonder where that is going.

Nathan Mar 21, 2018 4:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8126981)
Cornwall Centre updated their website. Not fully complete of an update, but a start. Wish they would change their map viewing format to what Southland has. The Scroll over is so much more visually appealing and interactive.

I did notice on the main page that the scrolling images of store logos includes “Edelweiss Florist”. I wonder where that is going.

They currently have a temp area on the main floor. Perhaps they plan on locating in the little rump space by Laura Secord? Or not in the mall permanently at all and are just using a temp spot to get some public awareness.

SpongeG Mar 27, 2018 8:04 AM

from facebook:

Hello Regina! Make room in your closets and join us at Cornwall Centre at 11am on Thursday March 29th 2018!

The 1st 500 people in line will receive an “Access to Fashion Pass” valued up to $300 to which they could apply to their opening day purchase. * (Values range from $10-$300)

Enjoy opening offers all weekend long!

The store will carry fashion for ladies, men, teens and kids.

Happy Shopping!

Join our newsletter and receive:
- 25% off 1 item of your choice*
- Exclusive offers!
- The latest fashion news!
- Inspiration and styling tips!

*Offer valid for new subscribers only. Certain Restrictions Apply.

DandyUnderworld Mar 29, 2018 2:08 PM

The new H&M looks pretty good! I was just there about 1/2 an hour ago and there were already about 15 people lined up to get in (and to get their free gift card). Here's a pic from 11th.
https://ibb.co/df2rs7

DandyUnderworld Mar 29, 2018 2:10 PM

https://ibb.co/df2rs7

one_brick_at_a_time Mar 29, 2018 2:10 PM

I wonder if the news crews will be there too?

HomeInMyShoes Mar 29, 2018 2:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyUnderworld (Post 8136884)

https://image.ibb.co/bs0Nzn/H_M.png
source: image.ibb.co

DandyUnderworld Mar 29, 2018 2:14 PM

thanks for fixing my picture link!

one_brick_at_a_time Mar 29, 2018 2:32 PM

Happy that this work is done, now the property can focus on the Sears side.

Shoppers Drug Mart so far rumoured for locating in Sears, any others? Or guesses?

HomeInMyShoes Mar 29, 2018 2:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyUnderworld (Post 8136892)
thanks for fixing my picture link!

No problem.

Stormer Mar 29, 2018 2:46 PM

Very happy the Bank of Commerce Building has been completely rehabbed and should be good for another 100 years. It is such a key corner for downtown.

one_brick_at_a_time Mar 29, 2018 2:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8136933)
Very happy the Bank of Commerce Building has been completely rehabbed and should be good for another 100 years. It is such a key corner for downtown.

It looks beautiful!

Nathan Mar 29, 2018 6:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8136939)
It looks beautiful!

It'd be nice if H&M's interior look as well as the display windows force the Bay to step up their game a bit... The Bay has looked pretty terrible for years now...

one_brick_at_a_time Mar 29, 2018 7:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 8137262)
It'd be nice if H&M's interior look as well as the display windows force the Bay to step up their game a bit... The Bay has looked pretty terrible for years now...

I have personally emailed HBC corporate and the countless ever changing store managers of the bay over the years and still that store is a dump. Even a paint job and new flooring would do wonders.

TOPSHOP and TOPMAN need to be brought into a section.

Nathan Mar 30, 2018 1:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8137399)
I have personally emailed HBC corporate and the countless ever changing store managers of the bay over the years and still that store is a dump. Even a paint job and new flooring would do wonders.

TOPSHOP and TOPMAN need to be brought into a section.

I got my hopes up a couple years ago when they had a sign mentioning a reno. All they did was paint a few section dividers a different colour and replace some tiles... The kicker? They were different tiles than everything around them. There are some sections where you can actually see 3-4 different tiles randomly patched in. And the carpets look like they haven't been cleaned in at least 10 years.

Honestly, the Bay really doesn't have a bad reputation. They have some decent clothing/brands and people don't generally look down on the Bay like they did with Sears, but from the appearance of the Cornwall Bay, it looks like a discount retailer on its last legs.

one_brick_at_a_time Mar 30, 2018 1:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 8137741)
I got my hopes up a couple years ago when they had a sign mentioning a reno. All they did was paint a few section dividers a different colour and replace some tiles... The kicker? They were different tiles than everything around them. There are some sections where you can actually see 3-4 different tiles randomly patched in. And the carpets look like they haven't been cleaned in at least 10 years.

Honestly, the Bay really doesn't have a bad reputation. They have some decent clothing/brands and people don't generally look down on the Bay like they did with Sears, but from the appearance of the Cornwall Bay, it looks like a discount retailer on its last legs.

Speaking of bad tiles, I’ll post in a bit a pick of probably the worse tile job in Regina, even worse than the Bay, Nathan :)

aberrant Mar 30, 2018 4:09 AM

Cornwall Bay has looked pathetic for years. The display windows are massive and only have a couple sloppy sparse mannequins. Doesn't exactly draw you in.

I was in there a few weeks ago, and it looks like they aren't even trying, just killing time until the lease runs out and/or they go bankrupt.

SpongeG Mar 30, 2018 5:36 AM

you might want the sound down for the start...

Video Link

one_brick_at_a_time Apr 3, 2018 7:00 AM

Quote:

Worst tile job in Saskatchewan...Golden Mile. I emailed the property management a while back. If i was a tenant possibly looking to lease one of the already crappy interior spaces, I would definitely not sign the lease knowing they don't even care about the interior of the property.

https://i.imgur.com/gGFoGIN.jpg

Drofmab Apr 3, 2018 4:02 PM

Quote:

Not that it's an upscale retailer anywhere in Canada - but it's a well-respected retailer, with decent stores, brands & selection elsewhere. Actually, the selection in Regina isn't terrible - the brands are there - but it's a jumbled mess that feels tossed together. I work downtown & I regularly buy clothes there... but it's a struggle. I have to search & go to various areas of the floor. It feels like an upscale version of WalMart's clothing section. You'd think with Saks Fifth Ave, and Lord & Taylor in family, they'd be upping their merchandising and retailing game across all of their stores. But no.