SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223168)

SaskTaxpayers Mar 18, 2017 5:49 PM

Yes, it is closing when the new one opens, and it's my understanding that it has already been sold and will be redeveloped. Not sure about the gas bar though.

As for the Landmark Cinemas/Costco question - not entirely sure why they had only Costco on this board at the Community Meeting and not the theatre, or vice versa. I would have expected them to make a big public announcement on the Costco, since they did the same for the theatre. That's why I was shocked when I posted it that it's literally garnered about 100x more views than any other of the regular posts on the page. It's insane, I thought it was already common knowledge and I was the one out of the loop.

jigglysquishy Mar 18, 2017 6:16 PM

The theatre is far from a done deal.

VANRIDERFAN Mar 19, 2017 2:44 PM

Still not going to a Costco no matter where they put it. Can't stand those places.

dsmmace Mar 20, 2017 1:51 AM

It's not real yet..

Nathan Mar 20, 2017 2:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaskTaxpayers (Post 7744443)
Yes, it is closing when the new one opens, and it's my understanding that it has already been sold and will be redeveloped. Not sure about the gas bar though.

As for the Landmark Cinemas/Costco question - not entirely sure why they had only Costco on this board at the Community Meeting and not the theatre, or vice versa. I would have expected them to make a big public announcement on the Costco, since they did the same for the theatre. That's why I was shocked when I posted it that it's literally garnered about 100x more views than any other of the regular posts on the page. It's insane, I thought it was already common knowledge and I was the one out of the loop.

It was... I think it's been mentioned in the general Regina Construction thread and possibly in the Regina Retail thread as well. :shrug:

Just this was more official than the discussions before I guess.

UPP Mar 20, 2017 2:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN (Post 7745017)
Still not going to a Costco no matter where they put it. Can't stand those places.

On behalf of all of us Costco shoppers who brave long line ups, we thank you.

Baker58 Mar 20, 2017 2:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 7744134)
The second Costco is more or less guaranteed to be in Coopertown

Really the only location that makes sense. They can't build in harbour landing or western because of Walmart. I don't see us getting a second for a long time though.

VANRIDERFAN Mar 20, 2017 3:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPP (Post 7745481)
On behalf of all of us Costco shoppers who brave long line ups, we thank you.

You are welcome.

pappcam Mar 20, 2017 4:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7745459)
It was... I think it's been mentioned in the general Regina Construction thread and possibly in the Regina Retail thread as well. :shrug:

Just this was more official than the discussions before I guess.

Which is why this doesn't really deserve or need it's own thread. It's a relocation of a big box store. It's barely newsworthy.

Stormer Mar 20, 2017 2:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baker58 (Post 7745492)
Really the only location that makes sense. They can't build in harbour landing or western because of Walmart. I don't see us getting a second for a long time though.

I've forgotten. Is Walmart confirmed for Horizons/Westerra?

Stormer Mar 21, 2017 3:47 PM

CORNWALL RENO UPDATE FROM PCL:

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b36421...troduction.pdf

Cyro Mar 21, 2017 8:50 PM

Costco thread merged here do to popular demand and requests.:haha:

Nathan Mar 21, 2017 9:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7745708)
I've forgotten. Is Walmart confirmed for Horizons/Westerra?

I don't know if it was officially confirmed, but I do remember a lot of talk about Walmart being the anchor out there.

BrutallyDishonest2 Mar 22, 2017 2:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7747308)
I don't know if it was officially confirmed, but I do remember a lot of talk about Walmart being the anchor out there.

Walmart was looking, but not in Westerra/Horizons. I don't think they've secured Walmart, but things could have changed.

Stormer Mar 22, 2017 1:16 PM

It sounds like Sears in the U.S. is on the verge of bankruptcy. Once one of Regina's largest employers, we have mostly already taken the hit on their downsizing. This will be an opportunity for Cornwall.

yveseluj Mar 22, 2017 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7747846)
It sounds like Sears in the U.S. is on the verge of bankruptcy. Once one of Regina's largest employers, we have mostly already taken the hit on their downsizing. This will be an opportunity for Cornwall.

Is Sears in the US a separate entity than the one in Canada?

Stormer Mar 22, 2017 2:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 7747860)
Is Sears in the US a separate entity than the one in Canada?

Yes I think Sears U.S. only owns about 12%, but the Canadian entity is in no better shape and I can see this dragging them down. Sears Canada stock chart:

http://app.quotemedia.com/quotetools...true&locale=en

brithgob Mar 22, 2017 9:49 PM

Sears Holdings owns close to 12 per cent of Sears Canada. However, the head of Sears Holdings, Eddie Lampert, owns nearly half of the Canadian arm.

Also it seems like even when a Canadian subsidiary is outperforming the American parent, it's the Canadian arm that gets chopped first.

Drofmab Mar 23, 2017 2:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 7748481)
Sears Holdings owns close to 12 per cent of Sears Canada. However, the head of Sears Holdings, Eddie Lampert, owns nearly half of the Canadian arm.

Also it seems like even when a Canadian subsidiary is outperforming the American parent, it's the Canadian arm that gets chopped first.

And most of the remaining shares were (initially, at least) in the hands of Sears Holdings' shareholders... so, while Sears Canada isn't formally held by Sears Holdings anymore, I'd hazard a guess that the majority of Sears Canada shareholders hold Sears Holdings share as well...

Drofmab Mar 23, 2017 2:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 7744468)
The theatre is far from a done deal.

What's your source? Does the Southland redevelopment completely change the landscape?