SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223168)

BrutallyDishonest2 Jan 3, 2018 4:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBuild (Post 8033730)
I heard Structube is planning on opening around January 15th. Jobs have been posted for a while now & interviews have taken place.

Well I must be blind then because the interior fit ups didn't seem ready for anything like that.

yveseluj Jan 3, 2018 1:29 PM

There’s a sign up at H&M for hiring, as well as starting they’re opening in Spring 2018.

Drofmab Jan 3, 2018 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 8034751)
There’s a sign up at H&M for hiring, as well as starting they’re opening in Spring 2018.

Yeah - they had a person at a recruitment table in front of the store a couple times over Christmas.

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 5, 2018 12:47 AM

Any picture updates at the Cornwall Centre (inside and out)?

Drofmab Jan 5, 2018 2:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8036893)
Any picture updates at the Cornwall Centre (inside and out)?

Nothing exciting to report - H&M is the lions share if the work, and most of the project is behind cladding. Minimal amount visible looks like any other construction project - they haven't moved to finishing work, so it's basically wires & ductwork.

Stormer Jan 5, 2018 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8036995)
Nothing exciting to report - H&M is the lions share if the work, and most of the project is behind cladding. Minimal amount visible looks like any other construction project - they haven't moved to finishing work, so it's basically wires & ductwork.

I think you are basing this on the ceilings which are in the current style of open/industrial. If you take a closer look they are in fact finishing with much of the flooring and light fixtures in place. Drywall is done and painting is underway.

Drofmab Jan 5, 2018 4:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8037322)
I think you are basing this on the ceilings which are in the current style of open/industrial. If you take a closer look they are in fact finishing with much of the flooring and light fixtures in place. Drywall is done and painting is underway.

Yeah - I was understating how much is done... was basically just thinking of it from the perspective of anything worthy of a picture update. Nope.

They still have quite a bit of work to go. The flooring looks to be largely done (covered to protect it). There are plenty of areas of bare studs in need of drywall; lots of fixtures to go up; needs paint in several places; etc (i.e.: a lot of the finishing work still remains).

Granted, as you note, this will be an open/industrial style - so it may just require a short period of finishing work to have it ready for shelving, PoS, inventory, staff training, etc.

Drofmab Jan 30, 2018 8:52 PM

New floorplan for Cornwall Centre has been posted. Removes Sears, but makes no sense in the H&M corner of the 2nd floor... it's like they went back to a 2015 floorplan or something, maybe a draft concept that didn't involve moving the pedway, and proposed a disjointed H&M (this clearly isn't the case, becasue Sunrise, Saje, & Laura Secord are on the floorplan, but MAC is gone). It's weird.
http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...wall-centre-2/

Stormer Jan 30, 2018 9:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8066939)
New floorplan for Cornwall Centre has been posted. Removes Sears, but makes no sense in the H&M corner of the 2nd floor... it's like they went back to a 2015 floorplan or something, maybe a draft concept that didn't involve moving the pedway, and proposed a disjointed H&M (this clearly isn't the case, becasue Sunrise, Saje, & Laura Secord are on the floorplan, but MAC is gone). It's weird.
http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...wall-centre-2/

Someone got lazy and update the store names without changing the floor plan. I do not see Lulu on there either.

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 5, 2018 11:18 PM

Any signage up yet for H&M?

Nathan Feb 6, 2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8074369)
Any signage up yet for H&M?

Just the "coming soon" stuff on the hoarding.

Drofmab Feb 14, 2018 3:02 PM

Random observations:
- there are Fatburger decals covering the windows of their space in Golden Mile
- there was a semi backed up & unloading into the Booster Juice Golden Miles space
- the Sobeys Liquor at Southland appears close to starting finishing work. Drywalling is done, and all exterior work (except signs) is done.

DandyUnderworld Feb 14, 2018 4:54 PM

They are starting to prep the space for the new Factory Optical beside the Swank Shoe Lounge in the Shops on Hamilton. Will that make it 3 optical/glasses stores in 2 blocks?

Draftsman Feb 15, 2018 12:08 AM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it previously, but Jugo Juice will be opening in the near future in Hill Centre Tower I in the location that was once occupied by Harden & Huyse Chocolates (remember it?). This will be their first SK location.

Nathan Feb 15, 2018 1:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8086027)
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it previously, but Jugo Juice will be opening in the near future in Hill Centre Tower I in the location that was once occupied by Harden & Huyse Chocolates (remember it?). This will be their first SK location.

Yeah, I saw that when I was walking by the other day. Didn't think to post it here though, so good call.

brithgob Feb 15, 2018 2:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8086027)

There was previously one in the Cornwall Centre food court.

Nathan Feb 15, 2018 3:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 8086182)
There was previously one in the Cornwall Centre food court.

How long ago? I don't recall it.

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 15, 2018 4:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 8086242)

In the former triangle spot that used to be mmmuffins. Right next to David’s Tea. I am guessing this will be freshiis second regina location with Cornwall being the first as it’s still open.

Draftsman Feb 15, 2018 4:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 8086242)

I agree. I don't recall there ever being a Jugo Juice in the Cornwall Centre.

brithgob Feb 15, 2018 10:20 AM

It was during the 2000s, and it was over by Subway and Extreme Pita, not in the mmmuffins space