SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   What's your favourite city in Europe? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95198)

Kalle Dec 31, 2005 3:08 PM

What's your favourite city in Europe?

Europe is full of Great Cities, I think more than anywhere else. But I still have to say that my favourite city is London.
Tell me yours!

wisla_krakow Dec 31, 2005 6:53 PM

Swiebodzin.

Accura Dec 31, 2005 9:51 PM

Manchester

Grumpy Dec 31, 2005 11:57 PM

Paris

coth Jan 1, 2006 3:10 AM

^ And for me as well may be. I like its huge very dense lowrise center.

wjfox2004 Jan 3, 2006 5:46 PM

1. London
2. Paris
3. Amsterdam

georg 5 Jan 3, 2006 7:27 PM

1. London
2. Wien
3. Berlin

KRIS6981 Jan 3, 2006 8:22 PM

Paris

golscorer4 Jan 4, 2006 4:01 AM

Zurich

LFRENCH Jan 4, 2006 5:56 AM

Paris:tup:
Nice
Arles
only ones i've been too aside from Frankfurt airport:P

Basethor Jan 4, 2006 2:54 PM

Paris
Copenhagen
Ortigia

DTiger Jan 4, 2006 3:13 PM

Paris, Berlin, London, Barcelona and many more.... :yes:

olga Jan 4, 2006 4:30 PM

Berlin

Nightsky Jan 4, 2006 4:55 PM

Barcelona! Because of the many exciting architectures and nightlife. It also has tall buildings.

London and Prague are also really good, but London is too cold and Prague has no skyscrapers. And Paris is too tourist unfriendly. Haven't been to Madrid and Milan though.

staff Jan 4, 2006 5:40 PM

Well, from a objective view I would say Paris or London.

"My style" of cities, however, are Hamburg, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Berlin etc.
Rough-n-rugged, liberal, party, beer, progressive architecturewise and so on.

pimvdh Jan 5, 2006 12:30 PM

Rotterdam have's the second biggest harbour in the world. And it has old historic buildings. But it is also the city with the most skyscrapers in the Netherlands. I love it.

linlueyfu Jan 5, 2006 7:47 PM

Hamburg!!!

Glacierfed Jan 5, 2006 9:59 PM

Wien/Vienna

SHiRO Jan 5, 2006 11:57 PM

Barcelona currently.

(other favourites: Amsterdam, London, Copenhagen, Paris, Rome, Berlin, etc, etc)

pricemazda Jan 6, 2006 11:35 PM

I love that a guy from Sweden doesn't like London because its too cold!

Jonas Jan 9, 2006 11:21 PM

London for it's liveliness and multicultural touch. Even after I came here for the first time (that was back in December 2004) I felt somewhat familiar with it. After spending here 1 year I feel like if I were living here for my whole life. I doubt I'd feel the same in any other city in Europe. :okay:

Psycotrop Jan 10, 2006 9:42 PM

I only know Madrid, Lisboa and Istambul. My favourite of this three is Madrid, of course. ;)

phillyskyline Jan 13, 2006 6:02 PM

Amsterdam for its culture, food & women.

Sacto Jan 13, 2006 6:32 PM

Paris, baby!!!

Mercutio Jan 14, 2006 11:28 AM

London. Of course I may be biased but I think it's the most varied and cosmopolitan city in the world. I have travelled all over the world and I've barely seen a city that can match the variety of architecture, neighbourhoods, and people as London. I love the parks, the river, and the architectural contrasts between the grand Victoriana and contemporary glass and steel. The nightlife, culture, entertainment, and restaurant scenes are superb too - arguably the most varied in the world. :)

caltrane74 Jan 14, 2006 11:54 PM

Any city in Switerzland. ( Zurich, Geneva thats were i fly to buy my handcrafted watches )

and

Paris. of course.

pierre-laurent Jan 15, 2006 11:48 AM

PARIS..of course,:yes: the nicest city on the world, there are the brightest monuments, the brightest culture, the most interesting places for leisure activities, this is the city of the love..so in a word, paris is the perfection itself ...i really don't understand that a such question had been asked..ha ha.. no, friends, i'm joking:haha: there are else europran cities which 're as interesting as Paris, even if i support Paris..;)

tuy Jan 15, 2006 2:07 PM

Jena, Germany
London

SrbijaCG Jan 16, 2006 3:24 PM

This thread should be renamed - into "name your city"

Personally, I liked Ljubljana a LOT. This city, which is 5 times smaller than nearby Vienna, impressed me a lot more than Vienna, with its livelyness, architecture, the restaurants that line the Ljubljanica river (for a moment there, it seemed Ljubljana had more restaurants in its downtown core than much larger Belgrade)

And the language spoken there of course, doesn't differ much from Serbian so you don't need to strain yourself too much:D

Its definately the #1 city on my list of places that i'd like to re-visit. Probably will this summer:)

SHiRO Jan 16, 2006 8:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrbijaCG
This thread should be renamed - into "name your city"

Why? Most people didn't name their own city and if they did, named other cities as well.
What's wrong with living in your favourite city? They way I see it you are doing things right if you do (so move out of Toronto already...;)).

Kika Jan 17, 2006 3:57 PM

Barcelona, Lisbon, Granada, Venice and Paris :)

ringil Jan 17, 2006 10:42 PM

I've always liked Paris :)

wjfox2004 Jan 17, 2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercutio
London. Of course I may be biased but I think it's the most varied and cosmopolitan city in the world. I have travelled all over the world and I've barely seen a city that can match the variety of architecture, neighbourhoods, and people as London. I love the parks, the river, and the architectural contrasts between the grand Victoriana and contemporary glass and steel. The nightlife, culture, entertainment, and restaurant scenes are superb too - arguably the most varied in the world. :)

Totally agree :cheers:

stef54 Jan 19, 2006 12:57 PM

Praha
Paris
Amsterdam

Bergenser Jan 22, 2006 9:57 PM

Innsbruck here!

blimey Jan 22, 2006 10:48 PM

I stick with London on this one, though not because i live here. Actually, it's the other way around - i live here because it's my favourite city :yes:

LSyd Jan 22, 2006 11:00 PM

Glasgow. it's also my favorite city in the world.

-

oLeG Jan 27, 2006 9:36 PM

London for me too. City make a big progreses and i'm happy that we have such a cool modern city in Europe.

Amoroso Mar 12, 2006 8:41 AM

Roma

svast Mar 12, 2006 9:42 AM

This will result in a endless list of the most wellknown cities of the world. But that is normal I will say. The big city, like London or Rome, always have more to explore the next time. On the other hand all those small towns is worth visiting. And the small town or neigbourhood exist in the big city and thats why you find it that interesting.

So, London and Rome because I've been there and like to see them again!

blackhawk Mar 12, 2006 1:50 PM

Paris and Vienna.

Metropolitan Mar 12, 2006 5:18 PM

Well there are 4 cities worldwide which are my clear favourites : New York, Paris, Hong Kong and Rio de Janeiro. Unfortunately, I've been only in Paris and New York, but there's no way I won't visit Hong Kong and Rio during my life.

As for my favourite European cities, outside Paris, I've enjoyed a lot Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid, Naples, and of course Rome. I also like being in Marseille. Those are the places where I've felt particularly well. This being said, there are a lot more fantastic cities in Europe.

Notts Mar 12, 2006 5:40 PM

In order:

1. Nottingham
2 Birmingham
3. London
4. Zurich
5. Manchester

UNRAVEL Mar 12, 2006 6:30 PM

Any

I don't have any favourite city in Europe, in Europe every city can offer things that you cannot find in other european city, that's what makes Europe a great pleace to live :D

ibz Mar 12, 2006 7:23 PM

Berlin

sf_eddo Mar 12, 2006 7:44 PM

Paris
Munich
Prague

aturken Mar 12, 2006 10:29 PM

istanbul, because one leg in europa and the other in asia, and just a fifteen minute journey will bring you from one continent to another, by crossing Bosphorus, which is one of the most remarkable water passage in the world.

Riise Mar 13, 2006 3:48 AM

1. Sevilla/Zurich
3. London

I haven't been to Barca or Amsterdam but had I they probably would have made my top 3.

Bergenser Mar 17, 2006 4:00 PM

For me the coolest city of course are Frankfurt, but the most beutiful city in Europe (after Bergen ;)) are Innsbruck:
http://www.city-skylines.de/innsbruc.../innsbruck.jpg
I love that picture :)

Rambaldi Mar 17, 2006 5:54 PM

London
Paris
Edinburgh