SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223168)

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 15, 2018 3:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 8086415)
It was during the 2000s, and it was over by Subway and Extreme Pita, not in the mmmuffins space

Haha. Maybe I was seeing things last night when I posted, I swear I saw someone mention Freshii! Maybe I was seeing things. And yes you are right about the Cornwall Jugo spot. :)

Draftsman Feb 17, 2018 12:29 AM

H&m
 
I had a peek in the door of the H&M store today. The permanent lighting has been working for several days, painting is done, mirrors are placed on columns, signage is in place for the elevator. (I must say, it is very bright inside). It appears that the construction work is very close to being complete, and then it will be turned over for the tenant improvements. All that needs to be done (from my quick view) is the floor grate in the outside entrance vestibule needs to be installed and an air vent cover above said vestibule needs to be installed. It's looking great!

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 17, 2018 3:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8088829)
I had a peek in the door of the H&M store today. The permanent lighting has been working for several days, painting is done, mirrors are placed on columns, signage is in place for the elevator. (I must say, it is very bright inside). It appears that the construction work is very close to being complete, and then it will be turned over for the tenant improvements. All that needs to be done (from my quick view) is the floor grate in the outside entrance vestibule needs to be installed and an air vent cover above said vestibule needs to be installed. It's looking great!

H&M signage?

Draftsman Feb 17, 2018 6:01 AM

:previous: No permanent signage has been put up yet.

yveseluj Feb 19, 2018 3:35 AM

People walking in and out of Structube today, so I assume it’s open.

Nathan Feb 19, 2018 4:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 8090495)
People walking in and out of Structube today, so I assume it’s open.

I saw that on Saturday too and thought about stopping by, but had too many things to get done.

micheal Feb 20, 2018 11:29 PM

Starbucks opening free standing location with drive thru beside the CIBC in Harbour landing.

DandyUnderworld Feb 21, 2018 2:13 PM

They are renovating the old U.M. Inc space on Scarth (across from the new Treehouse)...does anyone know what is going in there?

DandyUnderworld Feb 22, 2018 2:02 PM

Here is a pic of the new H&M in Cornwall Centre. Sorry for the poor quality, I was trying to be stealthy, but you can see the new escalator and a few other details. Looks like they are starting on setting up racks.
https://i.imgur.com/D3RrXbk.jpg

Festivus Feb 22, 2018 3:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyUnderworld (Post 8094733)
Here is a pic of the new H&M in Cornwall Centre. Sorry for the poor quality, I was trying to be stealthy, but you can see the new escalator and a few other details. Looks like they are starting on setting up racks.
https://i.imgur.com/D3RrXbk.jpg

I hope that the men's section is a little more than a tiny area of the store tucked away in the corner!

DandyUnderworld Feb 22, 2018 3:50 PM

Me too!

HomeInMyShoes Feb 22, 2018 3:53 PM

Thanks for the photo DandyUnderworld. The biggest positive downtown retail story in decades.

Stormer Feb 22, 2018 4:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes (Post 8094896)
Thanks for the photo DandyUnderworld. The biggest positive downtown retail story in decades.

Agreed. Although downtown retail has been improving in the last 10 years the last 30 years have seen major losses including:

Eaton's
Sears
The Galleria
and coinciding with the Cornwall Centre opening: Simpsons, Kresge, Woolworth, SAAN and more.

jigglysquishy Feb 22, 2018 4:53 PM

H&M will end up being the single largest retail draw that downtown has

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 22, 2018 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 8095002)
H&M will end up being the single largest retail draw that downtown has

Agreed. Also huge that Regina got H&M before Saskatoon. The draw will be major, which will also allow for more shops and other retailers to set up downtown utilizing H&M’s draw of customers.

Also that bright interior is what the Bay needs to do for its Regina location. The contrast will be huge until they get their shit together.

Stormer Feb 22, 2018 7:34 PM

I peeked into the second floor of H&M and it looked a lot further along than the picture below implies. Lots of racks and fixtures are in. It looks like they are maybe a week away from bringing in inventory.

This will be a huge draw for young people.

Tyler19944 Feb 26, 2018 12:45 AM

When should we expect future development at the old Sears? There is so much potential for that corner of the mall, Im so anxious to know what will go there.

BrutallyDishonest2 Feb 26, 2018 1:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler19944 (Post 8099133)
When should we expect future development at the old Sears? There is so much potential for that corner of the mall, Im so anxious to know what will go there.

It'll be a while. After determining how much, if any, money they'll get from bankruptcy. Then they have to secure the tenant and in retail they can be signed very far out.

Stormer Feb 27, 2018 7:40 PM

Cornwall Centre has announced that H&M will open March 29.

DandyUnderworld Mar 2, 2018 7:37 PM

The new Laura Secord location is now officially open in the Cornwall Center.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.