SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=223168)

one_brick_at_a_time Nov 22, 2017 2:04 AM

H&M Cornwall Centre job postings are finally up!

https://career.hm.com/content/hmcare...a/findjob.html

Stormer Nov 22, 2017 3:15 AM

Dean Renwick's designer shop is a great addition to the lower level of the parkade on 12th and Rose.

http://i.imgur.com/YS9Etac.jpg

rrskylar Nov 22, 2017 10:00 PM

Don't know if this was already mentioned but the clusterfuck intersection that was Peguis and Reenders has been re-done with traffic signals and proper alignment of Reenders into the Costco (East Costco) parking lot.

Costco lot was also expanded to handle the excessive number of shoppers; put it this way, it was so busy that no one shopped there anymore!;)

djforsberg Nov 22, 2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrskylar (Post 7994982)
Don't know if this was already mentioned but the clusterfuck intersection that was Peguis and Reenders has been re-done with traffic signals and proper alignment of Reenders into the Costco (East Costco) parking lot.

Costco lot was also expanded to handle the excessive number of shoppers; put it this way, it was so busy that no one shopped there anymore!;)

Huh? Where's that?

pappcam Nov 22, 2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrskylar (Post 7994982)
Don't know if this was already mentioned but the clusterfuck intersection that was Peguis and Reenders has been re-done with traffic signals and proper alignment of Reenders into the Costco (East Costco) parking lot.

Costco lot was also expanded to handle the excessive number of shoppers; put it this way, it was so busy that no one shopped there anymore!;)

Wrong thread? Wrong city?

Nathan Nov 22, 2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 7995055)
Wrong thread? Wrong city?

Regina's retailing sphere of influence has increased dramatically as of late.

HomerSPC Nov 23, 2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7995076)
Regina's retailing sphere of influence has increased dramatically as of late.

There's so much development out east that we actually annexed Winnipeg!

Stormer Dec 7, 2017 9:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSPC (Post 7995134)
There's so much development out east that we actually annexed Winnipeg!

I peeked into H&M at the Cornwall last weekend. There is no way they will be ready before Christmas. There were some light fixtures in, the drywall was complete but not painted and about half of the floor tile in the area I was looking at was completed. They still have fixturing and inventory to do which often takes many weeks. It really is going to be quite the store. The place is huge has very nice curb appeal both inside and outside the shopping centre.

Regarding the Sears space, I have heard the Cornwall is very excited about that space. They have a few ideas in mind. It is very likely tenants will be relocated from other parts of the mall into portions of that space, in addition to new tenants. I am not sure they do with the basement. It was up to me I would turn it into parking.

one_brick_at_a_time Dec 7, 2017 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8011896)
I peeked into H&M at the Cornwall last weekend. There is no way they will be ready before Christmas. There were some light fixtures in, the drywall was complete but not painted and about half of the floor tile in the area I was looking at was completed. They still have fixturing and inventory to do which often takes many weeks. It really is going to be quite the store. The place is huge has very nice curb appeal both inside and outside the shopping centre.

Regarding the Sears space, I have heard the Cornwall is very excited about that space. They have a few ideas in mind. It is very likely tenants will be relocated from other parts of the mall into portions of that space, in addition to new tenants. I am not sure they do with the basement. It was up to me I would turn it into parking.

Midtown already has announced huge plans for their mall and Sears space.

youngregina Dec 8, 2017 2:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8011931)
Midtown already has announced huge plans for their mall and Sears space.

Can you share this announcement with us?!

one_brick_at_a_time Dec 8, 2017 5:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngregina (Post 8012212)
Can you share this announcement with us?!

Midtown Plaza Redevelopment
Innovation

In line with the City of Saskatoon’s development plan, the vision for Midtown Plaza is to revitalize the downtown core by offering an elevated retail and dining experience.

A new state-of-the-art convention/performing arts centre combined with a high-rise condominium/hotel tower adjacent to the centre will accommodate the projected growing demographic and anticipated increase in tourist traffic.

A new network of landscaped pedestrian and cycling paths will introduce a neighbourhood dimension to the area.

A portion of the shopping centre with frontage on 1st Avenue will be transformed into a 2-storey shopping and dining destination. The existing major anchor space of a 2-level department store will be divided amongst multiple tenants. The entire shopping centre will undergo a major refurbishment including an urban contemporary food court overlooking a new exterior plaza.

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...redevelopment/

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...plan-1-OFW.jpg

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...ring-1-OFW.jpg

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...ring-2-OFW.jpg

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...ring-3-OFW.jpg

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...ual-Sketch.jpg

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...w-Interior.jpg

scotty c Dec 8, 2017 12:40 PM

I’m sure there’s more discussion but I’m not sure the Regina Retail thread is the place to have them. Quick thoughts on the Midtown render. I’m doubting it’s feasible as it requires tearing down TCU Place and moving it to where the current Toys R Us is located. It would also require the teardown of the YMCA. It appears there’s also office development on the North side of 22nd where the parking currently is. This is a decades long redevelopment if it were to ever occur.

one_brick_at_a_time Dec 8, 2017 2:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty c (Post 8012491)
I’m sure there’s more discussion but I’m not sure the Regina Retail thread is the place to have them. Quick thoughts on the Midtown render. I’m doubting it’s feasible as it requires tearing down TCU Place and moving it to where the current Toys R Us is located. It would also require the teardown of the YMCA. It appears there’s also office development on the North side of 22nd where the parking currently is. This is a decades long redevelopment if it were to ever occur.

I think it does have merit to compare as both properties are managed by the same Management company, and both are dealing with the same issue- Sears closing and figuring out what to do with the space. I am very much interested to see what Saskatoon will do compared to what Regina will end up accomplishing.

scotty c Dec 8, 2017 2:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8012557)
I think it does have merit to compare as both properties are managed by the same Management company, and both are dealing with the same issue- Sears closing and figuring out what to do with the space. I am very much interested to see what Saskatoon will do compared to what Regina will end up accomplishing.

I agree with having the conversation. My comment was that with Midtown renders posted I assume a conversation will be had about the likelihood it will move forward etc which should probably happen in Saskatoon retail instead of Regina. Obviously there will be comparisons between the two locations which will occur in various forums.

djforsberg Dec 8, 2017 3:58 PM

I know its not Regina-related, but I just had to question where the Cactus Club went in these renders?

scotty c Dec 8, 2017 4:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 8012665)
I know its not Regina-related, but I just had to question where the Cactus Club went in these renders?

Technically the Cactus club location is included in the green shaded retail section . The same cant be said for TCU, YMCA, Toys rUs.

djforsberg Dec 8, 2017 4:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty c (Post 8012698)
Technically the Cactus club location is included in the green shaded retail section . The same cant be said for TCU, YMCA, Toys rUs.

Interesting. Maybe there are provisions to build the mall right up to the north and east walls of the restaurant. Makes sense.

Drofmab Dec 8, 2017 5:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8012345)
Midtown Plaza Redevelopment
Innovation

In line with the City of Saskatoon’s development plan, the vision for Midtown Plaza is to revitalize the downtown core by offering an elevated retail and dining experience.

A new state-of-the-art convention/performing arts centre combined with a high-rise condominium/hotel tower adjacent to the centre will accommodate the projected growing demographic and anticipated increase in tourist traffic.

A new network of landscaped pedestrian and cycling paths will introduce a neighbourhood dimension to the area.

A portion of the shopping centre with frontage on 1st Avenue will be transformed into a 2-storey shopping and dining destination. The existing major anchor space of a 2-level department store will be divided amongst multiple tenants. The entire shopping centre will undergo a major refurbishment including an urban contemporary food court overlooking a new exterior plaza.

http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...redevelopment/

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but "Completion date – 2017" seems a tad aggressive.

Jimmy James Dec 8, 2017 6:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8012823)
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but "Completion date – 2017" seems a tad aggressive.

Nonsense! Plenty of time. It's not like plans like these take 20-30 years to get off the ground in Saskatoon.:haha:

HomeInMyShoes Dec 8, 2017 6:36 PM

Wow, is Saskatoon building a Stantec copy?

Draftsman Dec 9, 2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 8012882)
Nonsense! Plenty of time. It's not like plans like these take 20-30 years to get off the ground in Saskatoon.:haha:

:previous: Yeah, as long as it is not being developed by F&%#tress Developments!:rolleyes:

stephan.richard Dec 10, 2017 3:44 PM

Being a potential future resident of your nice city and being from the Moncton New Brunswick area I see the city as a great city. One thing that I will as what are the best shopping areas in town and I hope that you guys can add a Holliister anytime soon and what's the retail vibe like in the city. Can't wait to read all of your opinions on this. Thanks...

StealthGirl Dec 10, 2017 4:43 PM

OffAxis Board Shop announced on Friday they are closing. Another independent shutting down. Not sure when their last day is but they are already up to 70% off on some items.

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 10, 2017 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8014472)
OffAxis Board Shop announced on Friday they are closing. Another independent shutting down. Not sure when their last day is but they are already up to 70% off on some items.

They've been announcing their closing for like 12 months.

one_brick_at_a_time Dec 11, 2017 3:48 AM

From the property management site, it shows H&M in the small new space next to Laura Secord at the Cornwall Centre. Anyone know if this just means a nearby storage spot, or maybe an H&M accessories store across the hall, like Aldo used to have? A little bit odd to me.

PhotoJim Dec 11, 2017 4:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephan.richard (Post 8014440)
Being a potential future resident of your nice city and being from the Moncton New Brunswick area I see the city as a great city. One thing that I will as what are the best shopping areas in town and I hope that you guys can add a Holliister anytime soon and what's the retail vibe like in the city. Can't wait to read all of your opinions on this. Thanks...

Welcome to Regina, if you come! I was in Moncton a month ago (third time there). Still have some NB beer in the fridge...

Regina has several shopping areas - the biggest being in east Regina, but there are also significant shopping areas in the northwest, south, southwest and downtown. Regina's pretty compact compared to Moncton, even though it's got a bigger population, so it's easy to get to any of the areas from anywhere in the city, if you're driving.

Nathan Dec 15, 2017 7:48 AM

Looks like Spareparts is no more. There was a notice on the store during the day today; I searched online to confirm and the whole chain is bankrupt and in receivership.

SpongeG Dec 15, 2017 8:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8014900)
From the property management site, it shows H&M in the small new space next to Laura Secord at the Cornwall Centre. Anyone know if this just means a nearby storage spot, or maybe an H&M accessories store across the hall, like Aldo used to have? A little bit odd to me.

maybe they want a temp spot before opening

Regina Boi Dec 15, 2017 9:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 8019658)
Looks like Spareparts is no more. There was a notice on the store during the day today; I searched online to confirm and the whole chain is bankrupt and in receivership.

I've purchased quite a bit from them over the years, so this is very sad news. Especially considering they were a national chain headquartered in Saskatoon. Im sure many you still think Brad Wall can do no wrong, buts its quite evident the "Sask Advantage" is over. I called this as soon as the budget came out. I halted my business expansion, sold my retail assets and reinvested in my Mexican businesses. Once real estate picks up in Regina, I'll be unloading my property portfolio.

His quick tax grab has backfired on him. When the going gets tough, Brad gets the hell out of Dodge.

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina Boi (Post 8020379)
I've purchased quite a bit from them over the years, so this is very sad news. Especially considering they were a national chain headquartered in Saskatoon. Im sure many you still think Brad Wall can do no wrong, buts its quite evident the "Sask Advantage" is over. I called this as soon as the budget came out. I halted my business expansion, sold my retail assets and reinvested in my Mexican businesses. Once real estate picks up in Regina, I'll be unloading my property portfolio.

His quick tax grab has backfired on him. When the going gets tough, Brad gets the hell out of Dodge.

You're a lunatic unbound by reality.

casper Dec 17, 2017 8:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina Boi (Post 8020379)
I've purchased quite a bit from them over the years, so this is very sad news. Especially considering they were a national chain headquartered in Saskatoon. Im sure many you still think Brad Wall can do no wrong, buts its quite evident the "Sask Advantage" is over. I called this as soon as the budget came out. I halted my business expansion, sold my retail assets and reinvested in my Mexican businesses. Once real estate picks up in Regina, I'll be unloading my property portfolio.

His quick tax grab has backfired on him. When the going gets tough, Brad gets the hell out of Dodge.

Leaving aside the provincial government. Retail is undergoing significant disruption by the likes of Amazon and online. All these companies are trying to reinvent themselves and adjust to OMNI-channel where the customer going both in-store and online in making a decision. I would expect more national brands to go bankrupt if they can't reinvent themselves in time.

How Brand Wall impacts these massive market shifts happening all across North America is still an open question.

thefourthtower Dec 17, 2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina Boi (Post 8020379)
I've purchased quite a bit from them over the years, so this is very sad news. Especially considering they were a national chain headquartered in Saskatoon. Im sure many you still think Brad Wall can do no wrong, buts its quite evident the "Sask Advantage" is over. I called this as soon as the budget came out. I halted my business expansion, sold my retail assets and reinvested in my Mexican businesses. Once real estate picks up in Regina, I'll be unloading my property portfolio.

His quick tax grab has backfired on him. When the going gets tough, Brad gets the hell out of Dodge.

You are correct he was grand and first then really messed things up the scandals are unforgiving there was no need for any of it :runaway:

Regina Boi Dec 20, 2017 2:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8020993)
You're a lunatic unbound by reality.

lol, ok. :koko:

one_brick_at_a_time Dec 23, 2017 12:45 AM

Heading into Boxing Day, what is the status of construction with H&M?

pappcam Dec 23, 2017 3:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8027491)
Heading into Boxing Day, what is the status of construction with H&M?

Lots of work left to do. It was always planned to open in 2018.

one_brick_at_a_time Dec 23, 2017 2:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 8027605)
Lots of work left to do. It was always planned to open in 2018.

How far along are they now? I hope they have some large signage on the outside and inside of the building.

yveseluj Dec 24, 2017 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8027805)
How far along are they now? I hope they have some large signage on the outside and inside of the building.

There's nothing yet.

StealthGirl Dec 31, 2017 4:27 PM

Does anyone know where Structube is going in Grasslands? Or when?

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 31, 2017 5:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8032566)
Does anyone know where Structube is going in Grasslands? Or when?

Beside DSW. And probably in a month or three.

KTBuild Jan 2, 2018 2:57 PM

I heard Structube is planning on opening around January 15th. Jobs have been posted for a while now & interviews have taken place.

BrutallyDishonest2 Jan 3, 2018 4:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBuild (Post 8033730)
I heard Structube is planning on opening around January 15th. Jobs have been posted for a while now & interviews have taken place.

Well I must be blind then because the interior fit ups didn't seem ready for anything like that.

yveseluj Jan 3, 2018 1:29 PM

There’s a sign up at H&M for hiring, as well as starting they’re opening in Spring 2018.

Drofmab Jan 3, 2018 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 8034751)
There’s a sign up at H&M for hiring, as well as starting they’re opening in Spring 2018.

Yeah - they had a person at a recruitment table in front of the store a couple times over Christmas.

one_brick_at_a_time Jan 5, 2018 12:47 AM

Any picture updates at the Cornwall Centre (inside and out)?

Drofmab Jan 5, 2018 2:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8036893)
Any picture updates at the Cornwall Centre (inside and out)?

Nothing exciting to report - H&M is the lions share if the work, and most of the project is behind cladding. Minimal amount visible looks like any other construction project - they haven't moved to finishing work, so it's basically wires & ductwork.

Stormer Jan 5, 2018 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8036995)
Nothing exciting to report - H&M is the lions share if the work, and most of the project is behind cladding. Minimal amount visible looks like any other construction project - they haven't moved to finishing work, so it's basically wires & ductwork.

I think you are basing this on the ceilings which are in the current style of open/industrial. If you take a closer look they are in fact finishing with much of the flooring and light fixtures in place. Drywall is done and painting is underway.

Drofmab Jan 5, 2018 4:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8037322)
I think you are basing this on the ceilings which are in the current style of open/industrial. If you take a closer look they are in fact finishing with much of the flooring and light fixtures in place. Drywall is done and painting is underway.

Yeah - I was understating how much is done... was basically just thinking of it from the perspective of anything worthy of a picture update. Nope.

They still have quite a bit of work to go. The flooring looks to be largely done (covered to protect it). There are plenty of areas of bare studs in need of drywall; lots of fixtures to go up; needs paint in several places; etc (i.e.: a lot of the finishing work still remains).

Granted, as you note, this will be an open/industrial style - so it may just require a short period of finishing work to have it ready for shelving, PoS, inventory, staff training, etc.

Drofmab Jan 30, 2018 8:52 PM

New floorplan for Cornwall Centre has been posted. Removes Sears, but makes no sense in the H&M corner of the 2nd floor... it's like they went back to a 2015 floorplan or something, maybe a draft concept that didn't involve moving the pedway, and proposed a disjointed H&M (this clearly isn't the case, becasue Sunrise, Saje, & Laura Secord are on the floorplan, but MAC is gone). It's weird.
http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...wall-centre-2/

Stormer Jan 30, 2018 9:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8066939)
New floorplan for Cornwall Centre has been posted. Removes Sears, but makes no sense in the H&M corner of the 2nd floor... it's like they went back to a 2015 floorplan or something, maybe a draft concept that didn't involve moving the pedway, and proposed a disjointed H&M (this clearly isn't the case, becasue Sunrise, Saje, & Laura Secord are on the floorplan, but MAC is gone). It's weird.
http://www.cwcanadaassetservices.com...wall-centre-2/

Someone got lazy and update the store names without changing the floor plan. I do not see Lulu on there either.

one_brick_at_a_time Feb 5, 2018 11:18 PM

Any signage up yet for H&M?


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.