SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=223168)

Stormer Oct 7, 2019 4:01 PM

Regina’s 1st Tesla Superchargers pop up in city’s east end

https://globalnews.ca/news/5997024/r...superchargers/

Canadian Tire is a perfect location IMO.

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpre...trip=all&w=720

UPP Oct 7, 2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowgirl (Post 8709427)
Re: My Lush Post

I am not keen to support a business that uses the very products in their processes that they say we should ban. They are hypocritical. I believe we must find better way to protect and preserve our environment, but I don't support hyperbole on either side. It accomplishes nothing. BAN PIPELINES!!! Then they walk away, use the petroleum products and think they've made a difference. JMHO

I don't support LUSH because when I get within 20 meters of their store I get a headache from the offensive smell of overpowering scents. Subtle is not in the vocabulary of LUSH.

Drofmab Oct 10, 2019 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8709146)
Wow, I hadn't heard he passed away. I thought they had sold it a year or so ago though.

I hadn't heard that either.

He was my French teacher at Campbell - I still remember skipping his class to go to Mac's, and walking past his little garden centre in the Whitmore Park mall (the original WP Gardens)... and he and I saw each other... it was awkward, because we were both skipping his class
(his daughter was a teacher too & often substituted on short notice for him)

Super nice teacher.

[EDIT] - Peter Charles & his partner sold the business a while before he passed away. The new owner didn't seem like they had a firm grasp on the business model...

Stormer Oct 18, 2019 1:59 AM

Fire and Flower cannabis has opened on Vic near Park Street in front of the old Leader Post building.

pappcam Oct 18, 2019 2:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8720675)
Fire and Flower cannabis has opened on Vic near Park Street in front of the old Leader Post building.

I'm trying to picture where this is from your explanation but it's not making any sense to me. Beside the old LP building on Vic in one of those new little strip malls?

BrutallyDishonest2 Oct 18, 2019 3:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 8720734)
I'm trying to picture where this is from your explanation but it's not making any sense to me. Beside the old LP building on Vic in one of those new little strip malls?

Yes, the latest one built, the most eastward one.

Demyen Oct 18, 2019 1:58 PM

I saw that the Capital Crossing webpage was updated with a new site map. It looks like they've added Taco Time, Tim Hortons and A&W since the last update. Also, the reconfigured intersection with lights exiting on the east side of the Walmart parking lot will be done next year.

https://capitalcrossing.ca/wp-conten...2019-09-19.pdf

Stormer Oct 18, 2019 3:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 8720734)

It is actually a new stand-alone building east of the new strip mall.

one_brick_at_a_time Oct 20, 2019 4:10 AM

Chapters Southland Mall now rebranded as Indigo. Looks good.

Draftsman Oct 20, 2019 3:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 8722725)
Chapters Southland Mall now rebranded as Indigo. Looks good.

Did they do any much-needed renovations inside?

one_brick_at_a_time Oct 20, 2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8722968)

Not sure, but I remember word of carpet replacement.

sastaunik44 Oct 30, 2019 5:12 PM

Apparently Dutch Growers bought the Paisley golf course

Stormer Oct 30, 2019 7:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sastaunik44 (Post 8733771)
Apparently Dutch Growers bought the Paisley golf course

That is a nice chunk of land. Easy access to the TCH east and Bypass on the PB interchange. Lots of trees.

edit: Sorry mixed this up with Westfalia which is near PB. Paisley is on TCH West. Westfalia also shut down this year.

Draftsman Oct 30, 2019 10:02 PM

Paisley wasn't a golf course, it was a driving range. It's still a fair sized piece of land though. Does anyone know if Dutch Growers are planning to operate a driving range or are they looking to relocate? They have run out of space at their current location.

Nathan Oct 30, 2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8734266)
Paisley wasn't a golf course, it was a driving range. It's still a fair sized piece of land though. Does anyone know if Dutch Growers are planning to operate a driving range or are they looking to relocate? They have run out of space at their current location.

My first thought is they could use that land as their growing area and then maintain the city location for retail if they want to stay in the city.

StealthGirl Oct 30, 2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8722968)

Not yet. We were there the other day and nothing looks changed inside.

BrutallyDishonest2 Oct 31, 2019 3:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 8734277)
My first thought is they could use that land as their growing area and then maintain the city location for retail if they want to stay in the city.

The wise thing would be for them to make it the trees, landscaping and greenhouses area and leave their existing site for retail, but who knows. They paid a ridiculous sum for the driving range with no services.

Draftsman Nov 1, 2019 1:50 AM

Subway has left the Southland Mall food court. This now makes three empty units within the food court. Hard times, but I have heard from other vendors in the mall that the rent is too high. Subway has been closing a lot of underperforming locations across North America.

spictacular mcluvin Nov 1, 2019 7:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8735726)
Subway has left the Southland Mall food court. This now makes three empty units within the food court. Hard times, but I have heard from other vendors in the mall that the rent is too high. Subway has been closing a lot of underperforming locations across North America.

Wow this was just open yesterday.

cityboy Nov 1, 2019 11:28 PM

Cornwall Centre

Just took a peek at the main floor Sears space on my way home and they've drywalled off a section to the northwest and are now tiling the same as out in the mall. Looks like it could easily be Shoppers size wise. Any rumoured restaurants I'm sure would want their own specific flooring treatments. Purely speculation on my part however.